Mantic Clutch

HandBanana

Established Member
Anybody have any experience with these? I can get one for damn near cost but they are still much more expensive than a Mcleod (which I can get a small discount for as well).

HandBanana

Established Member
McLeod does not come with flywheel if that is a concern
This I know, don't really care about the flywheel honestly. We just have a local guy here who swears by Mantic and I've seen their clutches in some pretty wicked builds.

jdt1970

Established Member
I was trying to find out how they are as well. VMP performance says they sell as many Mantics as the do McLeod. I'll follow your thread to see if we get some feedback from someone who has used it in the mustang.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Someone on the Mustang Lifestyle Youtube channel put a Mantic clutch in. It wasn't a GT500, but a S550.
Man,...those are pretty expensive, but I assume they are worth it. They look like they are high quality.
(I'll try to find the video if you are interested.)

HandBanana

Established Member
I was trying to find out how they are as well. VMP performance says they sell as many Mantics as the do McLeod. I'll follow your thread to see if we get some feedback from someone who has used it in the mustang.

I'll update you as well because I am getting one.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Also very curious to see who has one and their opinion I've always used McLeod in my 98 and 03 cobra. Got a 13 boss and really been leaning towards it, but never heard anybody's opinion but Alex's(yolo's) opinion which he talks highly of them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

187Snake

Established Member
I had a mantic 9000 in my 08 supercharged corvette and absolutely love the clutch!! The car made 630/590 rwhp/tq and it held it flawlessly (rated for over 1000 i believe) it had a stock pedal feel and was smooth as butter. Felt like stock but with improvements.

I now have a gt500 that I put a mcleod rxt in. I would have gone mantic, but my flywheel was in great shape and didn't want to pay the extra cash for the mantic that always includes a flywheel. I do like the mcleod alot as well. It performs very well, has smooth engagement, and feels very similar to stock pedal feel.

IMHO they are both great clutches that can take a beating, but I liked the feel and drivability of the mantic better than the rxt. You can't go wrong with either one though!

If you are getting a flywheel as well then I would get the mantic over the mcleod, but if your flywheel is in good shape and you plan to reuse it then I would say the mantic isn't worth the extra money and to just go with the mcleod rxt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
I had a mantic 9000 in my 08 supercharged corvette and absolutely love the clutch!! The car made 630/590 rwhp/tq and it held it flawlessly (rated for over 1000 i believe) it had a stock pedal feel and was smooth as butter. Felt like stock but with improvements.

I now have a gt500 that I put a mcleod rxt in. I would have gone mantic, but my flywheel was in great shape and didn't want to pay the extra cash for the mantic that always includes a flywheel. I do like the mcleod alot as well. It performs very well, has smooth engagement, and feels very similar to stock pedal feel.

IMHO they are both great clutches that can take a beating, but I liked the feel and drivability of the mantic better than the rxt. You can't go wrong with either one though!

If you are getting a flywheel as well then I would get the mantic over the mcleod, but if your flywheel is in good shape and you plan to reuse it then I would say the mantic isn't worth the extra money and to just go with the mcleod rxt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad someone finally replied to this topic. I've just got a 13 boss and when it's time for me i believe I'll be going mantic. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Pongo758

Anybody have any experience with these? I can get one for damn near cost but they are still much more expensive than a Mcleod (which I can get a small discount for as well).
Hey man....im looking into a manic clutch for my procharged 2015 gt. Anyway you can share how to get the discount?

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member

I have a Mantc clutch in my 03 Cobra if that helps you. All I can say is this clutch is awesome. The main reason I went with the Mantic is drive ability and this clutch delivers in that area. Both disks are sprung hub in the kit I have and that was important to me for drive ability on a street car. If you have any more question about the Mantic send me a pm. I don't visit this section very often. Hope this helps.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I met the Mantic guys at sema a few years ago, VERY nice stuff! HTC has a Mantic in their built z06 and he loves it. I have never heard anything bad about Mantic.

Famine

Established Member
You can't go wrong with the Mantic clutch. I went that route with my 5.0 and the pedal is softer than oem. Handles all the power I could make and drives like stock. The engagement is further to the end of the pedal travel, but other than that, it's amazing.

RBB

Established Member
Had me laughing most of the video
I stumbled across Alex's page last summer when I was falling down a YouTube rabbit hole of videos one night, he's got some funny stuff on there. A lot of good info as well since he works for VMP and seems to spend most of his spare time at PBH.

moncho

Established Member
Yup that vid was funny. Definitely not heavy on the technical aspects of the clutch but very informative. Were those long bolts self seating/locking? Didn't notice a wrench on the bolt when he was torquing the compression plate. I'm one for OEM manners that can handle the HP/TQ so this will be under heavy consideration for my next clutch assembly.

Thanks for sharing!

Bad Company

Established Member
Yup that vid was funny. Definitely not heavy on the technical aspects of the clutch but very informative. Were those long bolts self seating/locking? Didn't notice a wrench on the bolt when he was torquing the compression plate. I'm one for OEM manners that can handle the HP/TQ so this will be under heavy consideration for my next clutch assembly.

Thanks for sharing!
The long bolts heads recess into a groove machined in the backside of the flywheel. This keeps the bolt from turning as the pressure plate hat is being torqued into place.

03SVT Ski

Established Member
I will be installing a Mantic clutch with a new Magnum 6spd here shortly. I was very close to going with a McCloud RXT but heard the street manners are terrible, and an advertised 1000+ ft/lbs rating on the Mantic was a no brainer. I'll keep you all posted.

Users who are viewing this thread