Manga Flow HP Gains on '01 Cobra

Trblmkr

Established Member
I'm looking at getting a Magnaflow Catback system and was wondering if anybody saw any gains on their car after going with the Dynomax mufflers/Catback system??

The following ariticle show a 20HP gain on just the mufflers alone. Are they accurate with this info??

HP Gain Article

The article below shows the going with the X pipe showed very little HP increase on the system. So if you bought any kind of X pipe did you do it for HP gain, or for the Sound.

H-Pipe Vs. X-Pipe

Thanks for the info

Dan

shadow

got snake ?
Established Member
I got the whole system at the same time. I didn't do any dyno testing, but did the exhaust/chip at the same time and noticed a difference. I love the sound of the system, so it was all worth it to me.

slither01

Established Member
I had the Magnaflow x-pipe and catback installed back in December, we did dyno runs before and after the install. I was very happy with the results.

best run "before" 271.1 HP / 277.5 TQ
best run "after" 292.7 HP / 300.9 TQ

for gains of 21.6 HP / 23.4 TQ

Trblmkr

Established Member
Just got back from my dyno day.. the results are not what I expected. Maybe it was due to the fact that my base line runs were during the winter and todays it was warm (low 70's) and rainy outsided???

Base line was 277 HP/TQ
After was 277HP/291.7 TQ

Trblmkr

Established Member
Yup.. same dyno.. although it was done at about a year apart.

SOTP... says it's definately got more balls :):beer:

therunyan

Established Member
I have the Magnaflow catted-x with cat-back, and my before/after dyno numbers reflected net gains of around 9 HP and 10 ft/lbs torque, but the after run included the Steeda TA advance to 14 (4 degrees over stock). The sound is killer, though...

Hey Slither01 -- is your x-pipe catted or off-road?

msaleen270

Established Member
Get the Magnaflow X pipe w/high flow cats and MAC catback exhaust it is well worth it. I have with just that and MAC CAI and FMS aluminum driveshaft 303rwhp and 308rwtq. Dynomax has an insane sound and look, but so does the MAC and it gives the best HP gains possible even better than Bassani in some ranges. MAC is not Stainless Steel, but if you want numbers this will get you up to spec. Oh yea I have the special 99 that everyone said has HP problems kinda funny that I make more than most 01's.

hantzis

Established Member
Originally posted by msaleen270
Get the Magnaflow X pipe w/high flow cats and MAC catback exhaust it is well worth it. I have with just that and MAC CAI and FMS aluminum driveshaft 303rwhp and 308rwtq. Dynomax has an insane sound and look, but so does the MAC and it gives the best HP gains possible even better than Bassani in some ranges. MAC is not Stainless Steel, but if you want numbers this will get you up to spec. Oh yea I have the special 99 that everyone said has HP problems kinda funny that I make more than most 01's.

Agreed, Mac catback has a great sound and I picked up 10+ hp from it.
Check it out here:
http://www.dynoperformance.com/article_details.php?ID=22

Dean

Users who are viewing this thread