Man Flips off Cop's then sue's.

ModularFan

Established Member
What the hell does this man think he's gonna get away with.

CLACKAMAS, Ore. - A man let his middle finger fly against sheriff's deputies and now his one-finger protest has led to a lawsuit against the Clackamas County Sheriff's Department.

Robert Ekas admits that he flipped the bird to two sheriff's deputies on the road and said one deputy that he gave the finger to three times responded by pulling him over and writing two tickets.

Ekas has filed a lawsuit against the sheriff's department, claiming deputies are trying to "retaliate against and chill citizens' First Amendment free speech rights."

"It's not really a free speech issue," said Ekas. "It's a right to dissent issue. It's a right for every citizen to say I don't like the way things are going so I'm not going to go along with the program."

The attorney for the sheriff's department said he cannot comment because this is an ongoing legal case.

Last year, a Pittsburgh man won a $50,000 settlement after being cited for flipping off an officer. Ekas said that lawsuit inspired him to file this one.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fokp8hQ9uig"]YouTube- Man flips police the bird, then sues them[/nomedia]

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
It's not against the law here to flip off a cop. It IS against the law to say **** you to them though.

One of the fun things I learned on my ride along :D

GodStang

Established Member
This law suit has been won many many many many times and he will most likely win again. When will cops learn that the middle finger is not against the law.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I think its kinda funny, i when i get flipped off i just go about my business.... why cant they?

Sap

Established Member
You know, this guy is what is wrong with America.

Who flips off cops?

The job of police is to protect the people of the community, why people see this as a target of protest is beyond me.

Maybe the next time the guy calls 911 the police should show him the middle finger?

I'm all for change when something is not right, but the police have no control over the laws or how they are written. While they have the ability to pick and choose enforcement, I believe they do a good job and I'm happy to have them around.

divided

Established Member

Who flips off cops?

The job of police is to protect the people of the community, why people see this as a target of protest is beyond me.

Maybe the next time the guy calls 911 the police should show him the middle finger?

I'm all for change when something is not right, but the police have no control over the laws or how they are written. While they have the ability to pick and choose enforcement, I believe they do a good job and I'm happy to have them around.

Agreed with every word. Jackasses like this guy are whats ruining society. Trying to sue and look for the quick/easy dollar. Absolutely a disgrace to society.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
damn i need to do this today! shit i could buy my 10th anniv TR red w/ that money and dem rims!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I'm going to flip off the 1st cop I see, hopefully they pull me over so I can sue. BRB.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Hopefully these officers were local to him so they can help him next time he's speeding or has a light out with a nice ticket.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member

Who flips off cops?

Well yea and no.

The idiot probably had no good reason to flip off the cops, but that showed a great deal of immaturity and a bad power trip on the cop's side.

Had the cop just been an adult about it and not felt that it was blasphemy to get flipped off, the idiot that did it wouldn't be seconds from getting paid.

oilwell1415

Established Member
When will cops learn that the middle finger is not against the law.

It is some places. Lots of cities here have vulgarity laws that don't allow it. In the county I live in you can't swear in public in the presence of a woman or minor. Tulsa also has a law against taking your pet elephant for a walk in the downtown area.

ender.

Established Member
Hopefully whatever judge gets to hear this case sends Mr. Ekas a nice big **** you right back for wasting his time and the time of everyone else.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
good for him.

maybe if everyone flips the bird to cops, they wont run around on power trips and hide behind the badge. He set out to prove a point and they did just that, and drove it home even further by suing and likely winning. Officers are writing tickets for breaking laws that dont exist, and most people probably just pay them and the officers get away with it and the state gets their revenue enhancement goals met.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Tulsa also has a law against taking your pet elephant for a walk in the downtown area.

Ah, damnint! I guess I can't move to Tulsa then.

Yes, the guy was wrong in flipping off the cop, but the cop had no right to "cite" him for it.

The cop was wrong for getting all upset and going on a power trip. "I'll show him! I'll write him some tickets!!".

Both are idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread