2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Sweet ride, I just started the resto of my 65' t-bird. Lots of work, but fun

jason

jtfx6552

Established Member
Nice,
reminds me of one of my best friends cars in high school, Fairlane GT, I think it was the same year and color!

I am working on a 65 Mustang fastback resto, pictures at the website in my signature.

JT

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Thanks all for the kind words!

Doing a resto-mod on the beastie. Running a TKO-5spd behind a 1970 428CJ motor.

Aluminum heads will go on next month (hopefully) with a dual quad setup.

Fabing a 2000 Taurus interior into the car. (front and back seats)
Looks good, only down side the front buckets, coming from a 4-door car don't tilt forward. Makes ingress and egress to the back seat a bit tough.

The car is an ANIMAL tho... haven't had to the dyno yet as I am trying to work thru a rear brakes wanting to drag problem. But at a 5 mph roll, just stomp the throttle and it commences to boiling the hides.. and will do so deep into third gear. Doesn't get me anywhere but it sure causes MAJOR WOOD! At my age, that is an accomplishment to start with!

:eek:

davidmax

Established Member
I coldnt pull up the pics but I assume you'll be in for the Dyno and getting the jets right.Are you set up for 91 octane if not I can set you up with a 55 gallon drum at my price about 5.00 per gallon and you can blend a 93-95 EZ enough,specially for a guy that can crunch #'s like you.
The car will 100% be at the pavillions and this will be powered by FORD!!!!!!!I think I'll run 104 octane and just stay below 6000 rpm maybe 5500 rpm.
I spoke with Sean on his way to England and forgoy to ask about break in,he always includes operating poop and if it has MO1 not fossil oil its broke in and ready to go full tilt.I sure hope you guys along with a bunch of other Modular and pre-Modulars show up.
Ford never dominates the Pavillions and its about time.
Remember no possibility of false alarms this go around unless something horrible happens it lrft on the truckSat am and I should have it tom or at the latest wed.
So PLEASE COME,THE HOTEL SMILOVIC is open and free,Your Bud,Dave S.
Remember this is a 100% no doght no brainer if it doesnt show I will dance Naked through the parking lot or shave my head which I may do anyhow its so darn hot,Your Ford BRO,Dave S.

03cobra#116

Established Member
Very nice car.

My first car was a 66 Fairlane GTA with a 390. This brings back memories.

The automatic shifted at 40 and 75 when the car was floored. After the first oil change, it barked the G70 polyglass tires when shifting to second.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
I coldnt pull up the pics but I assume you'll be in for the Dyno and getting the jets right.Are you set up for 91 octane if not I can set you up with a 55 gallon drum at my price about 5.00 per gallon and you can blend a 93-95 EZ enough,specially for a guy that can crunch #'s like you.

Dave,
I will be looking for some Dyno time! But that will be another month or two. Want to get the dual quad setup on it first. I can get 92 down here in Sierra Vista and in the Tucson area. Haven't given any thought to playing with anything else.

Remember this is a 100% no doght no brainer if it doesnt show I will dance Naked through the parking lot or shave my head which I may do anyhow its so darn hot,Your Ford BRO,Dave S.

Ah, I REALLY hope your car makes it. I've getting a visual of you dancing at the Pavillions and it AIN'T pretty.
Only issue I have is Saturday I am committed to a birthday party. I won't be able to make it. I want to be there BADLY but it just isn't possible.

:cryying:

My luck..

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake-Shadow
Yeah but I see the Snake is in the garage, priorities. Very nice 67, any plans to cruise it up to PHX or do I have to come down to get a ride.

M@

Hey Matt!

Yeah .. I want a KB so badly for that Cobra.. but as you say.. "Priorities" and I need to get this Fairlane finished. I will bring it to Pavillions at some point... but don't know when that will be. It needs an interior put in it.. paint is really much worse than the pictures show...

However maybe I'll drop it on a trailer and pull it up there. Dave has been very nice about letting me stay at his crib... so I could go to his place.. de-trailer and drive down to the Pav from there. (he isn't too far away)

Later in the year when I get the new driveshaft and such on the car I will drive it from Sierra Vista. However not in this heat. Car seems to do ok in 100^ weather.. but I'm not up to it! :dw:

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Sorry you can't make it this weekend. I will be sure to get some pics of Dave's Cobra (If that is alright with Dave). Hopefully, Chad and I can make it down your way sometime soon...

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Hey Larry!

A friend of mine had a 66 Fairlane GT w/ a 390 when I was in high school. He also had a girl friend that I had a crush on!
He never let me drive either one!

Well here we are 30 years later. My Fairlane is faster than his ever dreamed of being and exchange emails every couple of days w/ his former girl friend! (he has no contact)

Who's laughing now eh? :coolman:

On a more serious note.... I've loved these cars for a few years as you can see. This was a plain Jane 390/4spd car. Bench seat, 3.25 posi and that is it. No power anything.

I've decided to restomod the car. So now it has a '70 428CJ motor, 5spd TKO, 3.70 posi, and new suspension w/ disc brakes on all four corners. Has factory style traction bars and subframe connectors.

I've got Hooker headers on it, 2.5" exhaust running MagnaFlow mufflers. New wheels (like in the picture but 15" instead of 14") and aluminum heads on order. (speed shop just called and said they were backordered with Edelbrock)

I'm having trouble with the rear brakes dragging and I'm working my way thru that issue with Stainless Steel Brakes. The current 4bbl carb (750CFM) uses vacumn secondaries. Don't have them fully adjusted. We are about one jet size too rich (I'm at 4500' elevation) and the vac secondaries aren't coming open correctly. They don't even come 50%. I say all this as, just as it sits in the picture (less the fiberglass hood) it ran 13.93 @101 at 3100' elevation. So I am very hopeful that with the dual quad setup I have for it, some better tires than the hardrubber street tires it has on it I can get it into the low 13's or tip into the top of the 12's. Right now I just kind of drive it out of the hole and get rolling a bit then really stand in it. On the street from a 5mph roll, no clutch pop, just mash the gas, it incinerates the rear tires.. and will do so all the way deep into 3rd before she hooks em. So I have to drive AROUND the torque right now!

Also fabing a 2000 Ford Taurus interior into the car. (front and rear seats) They are going to look real sharp. Only problem is the front seats don't fold forward (4 door Taurus) so ingress/egress is a bit of a problem to the back seat.

Oh well.. I hope it comes out as I plan. Time will tell.

:-D

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Why thank you sir! Appreciate everyone's kind comments. As I told JT.. some days we need that. Projects seem to take a LONG time. I've been on this one (with a few side projects = read 03 Cobra =) for two years now and still such a LONG way to go!

Users who are viewing this thread