Mallet Pontiac Solstice Pitbull

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
I like the idea of it.. but I think once you factor in the cost of the LS2 and the body kit you could pick up a finished AC car for about the same... maybe if the entire car with LS2 and kit was 40kish... other than being a GM car what do you guys think.

mallpitbullmainbt8.jpg

Motor Authority » Mallett’s wide-body Pitbull Solstice with V8 power

Mallett conversion experts have enhanced its already potent V8-powered Pontiac Solstice with this limited edition widebody pack. Having already shoved the Corvette’s 400hp LS2 V8 engine into the tiny Solstice Roadster, Mallett then needed a suitable styling package to differentiate its version from the standard four-cylinder versions.

In steps the Pitbull Edition bodykit. Set to debut at this year’s SEMA Show in Las Vegas, the new six-piece fiberglass kit widens the standard car by four inches up front and by five in the back. The extra girth allows owners to add ultra-wide wheels and tires as well as give the car a much tougher look. The larger air-intakes up front also improve airflow to the engine, while the increased traction of wider tires provides superior grip especially at the drag-strip.

For its V8 conversion, it wasn’t simply a matter of shoehorning the big-cube engine into the roadster and then calling it a day. Mallett has conducted extensive track and street testing and the car features stock OEM catalytic converters and meets US emission regulations. Only a limited number of Pitbull cars will be built at an estimated price of $16,000-18,000 fully installed and painted. A carbon fiber version will also be available.

Honestly, I like it and think this thing would be a blast to drive!

Wonder if a F1 blower would fit under that baby.... lol ;-)

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I would buy one along with some longtubes, cat deletes, heads and 100 shot and it would be entertaining.

CFRacer22

Established Member
looks like a cartoonish miniature viper, I can't decide if I like it. like was said earlier though, I think the sky looks a lot better, they should work with it. that car would be really quick with 400 hp though!!!

mrose75

Established Member
Looks good, bet it's a blast to drive. With that much power.....

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
from the concept pics i think it's looks too tall and stubby. maybe lengthen it some and i think it would look much better.

niphilli

Established Member
If they sell pieces off of that car I think they may find a decent market. I like the rear section of the car. Noting would look cooler than one of those cars with 11 or 12" wheels in the back with 4" lips :bowdown: .

Users who are viewing this thread