Making my '01 HD a lightning

9550blkcobra

ITLBRNU
Established Member
I just recently purchased an '01 Harley truck, Well some may ask why an '01? Well I did it bcuz I love the way the truck looks and Im a huge fan of the lightning but the 4 door HD is more practical for me right now since my gf and I just had our first baby. Anyways, I bought the '01 cuz I couldnt afford the monthly's on the '02 and '03's bcuz simply there to expensive from dealers. So i had a vision of just throwing a supercharger on my '01 and were getting there slowly. I bought a stock supercharger off and '01 lightning and it came with the plenum, the maf, and the fuel injectors and ONE hose which goes to who knows?!!! I got all the for 600.00 dollars. The only problem now is I dont know what else I need. I know some things i need but, I dont wanna miss anything, and then Im pretty sure im gunna have to move some stuff around on the engine, like the alternator, but basicly im lost about it and confused. If anyone has suggestions please let me here them.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
i don't know exactly what you will need...but I do know you will have to rebuild the engine. I don't think the stock internals on a 01 will hold that much power. Do a little searching around here....you also might want to check out this place

www.nhtoc.com it is harley truck specific.

Users who are viewing this thread