Making 2lbs more boost than normal, down on power...clogged cats?

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
My car is making 2lbs more boost than normal, and is down on power. I just had a P0054 code (heater resistance) Bank 1, sensor 1. I disconnected/reconnected the battery, changed the 02 heater fuse (#8), and replaced the (2) o2 sensors up front. I've driven it about 35 miles since and the code hasn't come back yet. The car was fine the day before yesterday. When I was just driving it I decided to lay into the throttle to see if the car would accelerate as it should. It didnt. I missed my afr when I did the pull but I know the car didn't got lean since I have the Lean protection Module and it would have cut the ignition. I'm wondering if I have a clogged cat. I've never seen the boost get this high before even driving in 30* weather. Also when a was looking at my exhaust last night with the car idleing I noticed most of the exhaust fumes coming from the left tail pipe. I do have AMR long tubes and an x pipe with 2 year old high flow cats on the car. Under light acceleration the car feels almost normal. Any ideas?

ctgreddy

Established Member
Very well could be cats. They just couldn't hold up anymore. I'd start by checking that first.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Try looking for a off road mid pipe...used is fine

this will make a night and day difference in throttle responce and sound..

as you see very easy to change back for inspection time..

We dont have emission test hear so I cant say of car will pass without cats..mine doesnt smell like fuel at tail pipes

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
Well I'm on my way to my friends house to figure this out. Finding a used o/r mid pipe won't be easy as I have AMR long tubes. I would need an AMR midpipe. I'll keep you guys posted.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not familiar with AMR headers, do you mean ARH?

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Well I'm on my way to my friends house to figure this out. Finding a used o/r mid pipe won't be easy as I have AMR long tubes. I would need an AMR midpipe. I'll keep you guys posted.

Call Nick at ARH they have a straight pipe that replaces the Cat,quick& easy! You most likely melted them.

Users who are viewing this thread