Maker of Delorean Dies

qbeanjoe

Banned
"While at GM, he created what some consider the first "muscle car" in 1964 by cramming a V-8 engine into a Pontiac Tempest and calling it the GTO. "

So he invented the GTO? All those GTO owners should pay respect to him.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
GREAT SCOTT

That was the first car I remember getting a hard on for. The part they light the wheels up in the first epidsode to send the dog for a test spin. I use to replay it over and over. I was probably about 8 or so.

There use to be one in town at Waugh Enterprises a long time ago (Harley Dealer).

Last edited:

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
Caddy92 said:
Was his car developed thru GM or his own "funds"? ( :-D ) *Sniff sniff*

Sniff sniff...that's a good one.
I wonder how much truth exist in that rumor?

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
damn that sucks. I always loved the Delorean. I believe his intentions were good with all the cocain. *moment of silence

CaDDy

Banned
Silver '01 L said:
Sniff sniff...that's a good one.
I wonder how much truth exist in that rumor?

Are you alluding to that rumor where he got busted by the DEA?

In 1982 the FBI busted John DeLorean for conspiring to smuggle $24 million worth of cocaine. The company folded in 1983 after building about 8,500 cars. DeLorean was acquitted when a judge determined the FBI had entrapped him

Last edited by a moderator:

zeener96

Established Member
the car was stainless steel...my brother has one, know of several others around. Don't know of any issues with the trannys, auto or manual, but the electronics are bad...carry a few spare parts and they are very reliable.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Delorean worked for years to launch his company. It would have been nice for another US car maker to have given GM, Ford and Chysler some more compitition.

A stainless bodied Cobra would be killer!

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
There were some serious problems with the SS body though. Namely, a small dent was often extremely difficult to repair on those cars and required the replacement of the entire piece. It was a cool idea, but not too practical.

GMEATER

that car was nasty back in the day. had a cheap 350 and the car weights over 3500pounds slow as hell but sweet car....

Users who are viewing this thread