Major L problems!!!Help...

cartersfosicks

New to the L
Established Member
Update on Major L problems!!!Help...

I just got this truck about a month ago from a ford dealership. I absolutly love this truck, up to this point....
I changed the oil yesterday, used motorcraft 5w20, and a motorcraft oil filter, filler her up with prem gas. the truck ran fine all day and night.
Today, i was out driving for about an hour, then suddenly when i went to step on the gas, it bogged out and did not pick up speed, insted, it bogged and went slower.

Now it does this when ever i give it just a lil gas. I can drive the truck but only if i can take about 23secs to get to 60..

Has anyone had this problem before?
I am taking it back to ford on monday to have it looked at b/c it is still on a warranty they gave me.

01 L w/26K miles
Thanks for any help...

Last edited:

cartersfosicks

New to the L
Established Member
SVT_Gixxer1000 said:
Sounds like it is fuel system related. I would start with a fuel filter or could be a fuel pump.
thats what im thinking but why the hell would it go bad like that so early.
thanks for the feed back..

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
cartersfosicks said:
thats what im thinking but why the hell would it go bad like that so early.
thanks for the feed back..

It's a Ford. I had a Transmission go at something like 2,500 or 3,000 Km's and they questioned warrenty :dw: , Not to mention a Clutch Fan, Water pump, 3 6CD Changers, 2 drivers side seats, fog lights going out since new, Exhaust hitting the floor over bumps, Can't keep a alignment ( fixed wity toyo's), A excelleration Whistle never detected, Overheating, Modules going, and a partride in a pear tree.

But I forgive, I love my Lightning. :rolling:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
One of the fuel lines in the tank came off or broken leaving you with one working fuel pump. This is a common problem, the dealer should be able to fix it easily. Sometimes the plastic wye also breaks or a line ruptures but either will cause the same result which is only boost related. Good luck and keep us posted.

cartersfosicks

New to the L
Established Member
well heres the deal, the truck finally trew a code at me. Luckily i have Autoenginuitys scan tool at the house. Heres what it trew:
Code= P0136 02 sensor circuit malfunction (bank 1, sensor 2)

Users who are viewing this thread