Major BOG when it rains.

SVTContique

So ever since i supercharged my car, whenever i drive it in heavy rain it BOGS under any sort of load... like it can sit there and idle fine and dandy, i can even drive it with an extremely light throttle input, but any sort of load (im talking like 20% load) and it bogs down, AFR drops to 9.0 and car feels like its going to stall out.

Why the hell does it do this? Do i have a leak somewhere? Only thing i can think of is that the moisture is hitting my MAF and making it read LOADS of cold air (cold water on the MAF) and its running pig rich.

Note that this only happens like momentarily, like it BOGS then its fine, then BOGS, then fine... its bloody annoying.

Next spring might be time to redo all the plumbing on the supercharger...

KCRN12

Established Member
If it only happens when it rains, I would say it's probably the MAF. makes the most sense. You have anything you can data log with?

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Mine did the same thing when I bought it...Im supercharged and have an Anderson power pipe which puts the filter really low. I made a shield to cover the bottom of the filter and a shield to deflect rain from the filter behind the passenger side fog light and it doesnt do it anymore. I did the shielding with light gauge aluminum I bought from Home Depot, painted it black and zip tied it in place...looks almost factory and cured my problem Down here in So FL it rains alot so I was happy it did the trick.

Last edited:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
mine does it also when it rain because my filter is so close to the ground. anderson power pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread