Major alignment issues after motor work...

Burninout101

Established Member
So I had a shop up here do a head swap for me and Install some long tubes. The motor was dropped out the bottom as usual. I get the car back and there is literally ~5in of play in the steering wheel before the car turns. I turn around and they fix the problem, now the car is all over the road. They said I need an alignment which I can see after removing the K-member. I take it to the guy they recommend at Sears, The car is extremely out in every way and he could not adjust the car enough to get it back into spec. There are no suspension mods done to the car at all. Take that back PHP hope shocks in th rear and that is it. The rear is even out of alignment. Now the car pulls to the left and he says that I can get the factory plates to move the way needed. I dont understand what could of been done to make the car out of spec so bad...help...

thanks

Burninout101

Established Member
The car is unalignable supposedly....Just don`t understand how it could get screwed up. I mean there is really only one way to put the kmember on. Just curious if anyone has any ideas. Oh I forgot to mention that I let the do the work let the car sit in my garage for 4 months before I brought it in for an alignment. I had to be out of town and when I was home I had no time. The shop doesn`t want to assume responsibility for things that have been a while like that.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
It really just sounds like you need to find a better alignment guy.

The K can be loosened and moved around enough to throw things off. It will likely have to be turned loose and worked back in. Considering there should be paint marks/scuffing where the bolts originally were; it shouldn't be *too* hard to get it back where it was.

Users who are viewing this thread