Maiden Voyage...

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Put the car together tonight. Still need to put the rear interior in, but I have to notch out the back seat frame because of the upper control arm torque box reinforcements. Took my time and torqued everything to spec. Only zip tied the brake lines, e-brake and abs. I will address that better later. I just wanted to get on the road.

Took a quick cruise and I am very happy with everything. No gear whine as of yet and the cars feels....well.....SOLID. No slop in the drive train and it feels real tight. Had some squeaking and grinding, but I attribute at least the grinding to the brakes cause it only happened when I applied the brakes. Squeaks could be anything so I will see how that goes. I am taking her to work tomorrow so that should hopefully straighten out some things during the long drive.

Once again...thanks to Tim, Mike, Tom and Gotti. Another project compelted successfully!

R-CODE

Established Member
what if we were to meet at the lot we hung out before, was if fort and northline, the bank on the north east corner. 7pm? tonight

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
dougwg said:
whats the break in procedure?

Drive 30 miles between 45-65mph, let cool down completely
Drive up to a 100 miles at a time and change fluid after 500.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
R-CODE said:
what if we were to meet at the lot we hung out before, was if fort and northline, the bank on the north east corner. 7pm? tonight

let's do it

Users who are viewing this thread