magum powers island dragway pb today

oneqkgt

Established Member
Well finally no wind today like the past few weeks. it was cold no one was there maybe 10 cars on slicks but as usual they pull it off their. I went a best of 11.695 at 115.41 on a 1.627 sixty foot 7.43 at 91.9 in the 1/8th. That was my 3rd run of the day. first pass out i eased it out and went 11.75 at 114.6mph on a 1.63 sixty foot. 2nd pass i new it would hook better and went 1.60 sixty foot on a 11.710 at 115.36 run. All runs were made with my 4lb lower on my truck but i think the 5 year old hoosier slicks are working good now since i found the cords coming through my et streets at jdm day and swichted to the hoosiers i had with me. No wind and cold air this thing was pulling really hard today. I know some guys are really running good at cecil today.

oneqkgt

Established Member
thanks yea i dont think most realize how on windy days it really messes us up. Just good conditions if we had lots of slick cars like a normal track day i know i would of been in the high 1.5's sixty foots.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I thought about saving for one. But i think i will be better off in the long run going with a use KB. I want to pull on top noticeably harder than a ported eaton.

oneqkgt

Established Member
yea its not for everybody i just like the unique sound. Im nothing lol damn south jersey trapped 118mph today with his stock motor mp set up.

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
yea its not for everybody i just like the unique sound. Im nothing lol damn south jersey trapped 118mph today with his stock motor mp set up.

after watching the vids of me going down the track at jdm day and listening to the MP blower screaming, i never noticed how loud it is from the outside.

oneqkgt

Established Member
yes you should have we could of used another big tire truck to keep that track warm. Guys at cecil were flying today too.

NJ SILVERBULLET

Established Member
Tim, your truck was running real good today at Island...mine wasn't doing too bad either...my 1st pass was a 10.877 @ 124.90mph w/ a 1.51 60'...my 2nd pass was a 10.903 @ 125.65mph w/ a 1.567 60' (spun pretty hard on the launch)...and then the party-poopers told me to park it for the rest of the day(no roll-bar, harness, fire-jacket):shrug:

...and yes Dave, you should have come out to play today.:burnout:

oneqkgt

Established Member
Yea you probably can get away with that maybe one more time in the spring but they always seem to catch up with the folks with no bars.

Animalmutha97

My mom says I'm cool
Established Member
Congrats! Were you at the Sunoco on Tilghman St getting gas Saturday evening? There was a red L I seen there when I went by on my way home from paintball.

Users who are viewing this thread