Magnapacks vs. Magnapacks /w baffles vs Magnaflows

kaos

Established Member
Magnapacks are louder than regular Magnaflows. Where do the Magnapacks w/ Bassani baffles fit? Are they closer to the Magnapacks or are they closer in sound output to the regular Magnaflows?

I ask because I have Magnaflows and I want to put in Magnapacks, but that's just a ticket waiting to happen here in California. I don't have a stock exhaust to put on if it's a fix it ticket. I was thinking of using the baffles to see if I could pass the sound test. I guess I could always buy a stock exhaust. I'm also thinking of the future, if God forbid I meet a girl I actually like, and we go on long trip and the Magnapacks are too loud for her. If it's a girl I don't like then she'll just have to deal with it. :)

I don't think this should make a difference but it's for an 01 Cobra.

Thanks.

akaeric

Established Member
Wrong girl for you if megnaflows are to loud need to find a good old girl. Do you have the cats on they are not that bad if your cats are on if they are off you might want to pit a paor on.

kaos

Established Member
Huh? What do you mean, "you might want to pit a paor on."

Yes I have cats too. I've heard the Magnapacks with a catted-x on an 03 Cobra and they were louder, but he's already gotten a ticket for it. It's definately louder inside, but it wouldn't bother me.

Yeah, if the magnaflows are too loud then that's just too bad for them. I will not put baffles on those under any circumstances. I can barely hear my exhaust now when I'm just putting around town.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
... I can barely hear my exhaust now when I'm just putting around town...

Let a buddy drive it one day and just listen to it from outside. You'll be a little surprised at the exhaust note, unless you
really want a loud exhaust that can be heard all the time.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
i originally purchased a magnaflow catback and magnaflow catted x pipe and at WOT is was loud, but very quiet around town... i wanted something louder. i just got magnapack mufflers welded in place of the magnaflow muffers and its louder, but not to the point that if a cop was around that you couldn't make it sound quiet enough to avoid attention. at WOT, i make everyone turn their head... trust me, they are not overly loud if you want to tone down the sound a little in a tight spot (like a cop right behind you).
now i personally have myself wondering if i should go with another company's h pipe to make it deeper (not louder).... does anyone have any soundclips or ideas of a magnapack/h pipe set up?

Users who are viewing this thread