magnapacks vs. borla

air_commando88

Established Member
i'm lookin at replacing my magnapack catpack on my 04 gt. i'm running a stock h right now but am replacing it with an MRT catted h. i'm looking at buying a couple stingers and having them welded in with the MRT bc i think it sounds pretty good unless i can find someone running this setup with magnapacks. what do you guys think? right now borla stingers run 190 a muffler!

JStyles

Established Member
i'm lookin at replacing my magnapack catpack on my 04 gt. i'm running a stock h right now but am replacing it with an MRT catted h. i'm looking at buying a couple stingers and having them welded in with the MRT bc i think it sounds pretty good unless i can find someone running this setup with magnapacks. what do you guys think? right now borla stingers run 190 a muffler!

I say get some chambered mufflers (MRT or flowmaster) to go with that H - you'll get a deeper sound. If you're looking for raspy, go with and x and keep the magnapacks, then think about switching to borla...

air_commando88

Established Member
i've listened to both magnapacks and stingers with the h bc it is really deep, i hate the raspy noise i like old school more. borla and magnapacks are both straight through but borla seems to be a lot deeper

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
It's sort of everyone's individual opinion but I tend to agree with what air commando said about the mufflers in your question.
I currently run borla's in substitute for the flow masters i used to have, because of space restriction underneath with my side exhaust set. but I choose the Borla over magnapacks for example, for the reasons air commando was saying.

cheese5.0

Cheese...?
Established Member
i absolutely love my magnapacks. the mid pipe makes all the difference though. i've heard them with catted x, h, and even some o/r x's and IMO none of them sound nearly as good as mine does with the bassani o/r x. i have people ask me everyday what exhaust i have and where they can get it

Users who are viewing this thread