Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
They aren't using the same mid pipe, so how
can you really make a decision?
However, Cobra on right sounds louder.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I had the Packs and o/r H on my 98 and it was friggin sweet! I had people follow me for miles to ask me what exhaust I had.... I wish they made it for the 03, that's why I chose the stingers... they are a weaker sound, but similar IMO, I'm going to be gutting my stinger muffs for packs and a H soon...

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I heard them both and went with the Stingers. The magnapacks are louder, but honestly, I'm not a teenager anymore and there is more to exhaust than which is louder. In my opinion, the Stingers sounded much, much better. They had a more refined, or tuned note while still being very agressive. It's hard to describe unless you hear the two in person, but the Stingers sound smoother. Anyhow, I'm happy with mine and I've gotten quite a few compliments on my Stingers + catted X-pipe combo ... even from other Cobra owners with "other" exhaust.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Get a Bassani SS cat-back with no baffles coupled with a Bassani catless X. That is the loudest and sounds the best in my opinion. Borla and Magnaflow sound like crap on the 4.6 motor.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
The MagnaPacks are definitely louder! They're smaller in circumference than the Stingers so how can they not be louder with less sound deadening material? I wish Magnaflow made a MagnaPacks CB for these cars....They would've killed the Stingers in sales bigtime! :rockon: MAGGIES :coolman:

1) They would've cost less!
2) They look better (polished)
3) The material quality (Stainless) is identical.
4) They are definetely louder and more throaty!
5) You never heard of anyone complaining about the Packs sounding "exotic" as I've heard from a few Stinger owners on here! :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread