Magnapacks and Mgw?

SVT Tyler

Established Member
So figure id get some input. Really want magnapacks and a mgw. Kill two birds with one stone? I know everyones going to say gears but i just changed the rear differential fluid and dont wanna go through that again...anytime soon.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I know what you mean with the gears. It was a pain lol. I did exhaust and an MGW with some other bolt ons. I was satisfied for a little while with a new aggressive sound but those mods together won't change your car much performance wise if you can shift effectively already. What are your goals for the car? And do you plan on a midpipe change as well?

4valved

Banned
mgw or pro50 one or the other, as far as the magnapacks, i would just order the whole catback make it easier on yourself.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Changing the fluid is easy? You underestimate the difference the gears will make, sure your car may be a bit louder and the shifting feel better but those gears will continue to make you smile the whole time you own the car.

But if your buying a short throw MGW>Everything else.

Tickle

Established Member
Get some full length subframe connectors if you haven't already. The don't change the sound, but they improve the ride quality big time.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
The fluid was a pain...rediculous its hard to get it in the diff you need a lift which i didnt have

Me and a friend of mine installed my 3.73's laying on the garage floor with the car on jack stands, there's plenty of room lol

whyxitx

Established Member
get the magnapacks.. best thing i've done. I just put mine on this weekend.

th_MVI_1232_zpsaaccfe80.jpg

Agreed on the part about getting the whole catback.. i welded it all up myself and it was kind of a pain in the ass.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
If you had that much of a time doing your diff fluid, how are you going to do exhaust???

SVT Tyler

Established Member
It wasnt as long but just filling it. But yeah definitley magnapacks although slps lm1 are nice to but i dont want that raspiness to drive me nuts

4valved

Banned
I'm so lost as to how hard it could've been, maybe pay someone to do the exhaust cause you'll go crazy lol.

On a positive note the magnapacks are super raspy to.

howie8124

Established Member
I'm running long tubes off road x and magnapacks. I haven't driven it yet but I've let it idle and a couple revs... Sounds real good.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I'm switching from SLPs to Magnapacks soon so I'll put some vids up once I get those installed. An easy method that my friend and I used to fill my rear end up with gear oil, get a 8in~ long rubber hose to press the gear oil bottle nose into and just lay the other end of hose into the rear end and squeeze the bottle until filled lol

SVT Tyler

Established Member
Hmm magnapacks raspy? I mean it does come down to slp and magnapacks
They seem to be the only good ones out there now.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I think it sounds pretty awesome. Way more tone than my hollow LM1s. Not sure how to get away from the rasp on these cars without quieting them down with boring cats.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I think it sounds pretty awesome. Way more tone than my hollow LM1s. Not sure how to get away from the rasp on these cars without quieting them down with boring cats.

I have a Bassani O/R X with no cats no rasp and only backfire pops when it's cold

Users who are viewing this thread