Magnaflows

Smittyshow

Established Member
Is anybody running magnaflow 10416 with a bassini pipe and cats. How loud is it compared to Borla stingers and is there a Drone

03dreamSVT

Established Member
Not entirely answering your question, but I was running Magnaflow's with factory "H" pipe and it was an awesome sound. Went to a BBK off road "X" pipe and if you hit it at the wrong rpm now it has that obnoxiously loud crackle... I think with a catted mid pipe you will quite enjoy it.

svtaddict

Established Member
the volume is about the same between the two the borlas sound a little cleaner but they both sound sweeeeet! ive had stingers, magnaflows, tried slp lm1s and am happy with the packs.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I have a bassani catted x pipe with the magnaflow cat back. It's quieter than the borla stingers but opens up around mid throttle. There is a little drone but not too bad. My kids used to complain a little about it in the back seat but up front it's not bad at all. I like it but I like a more mellow sound anyway.

Mike L.

Established Member
I hate my magnaflow catback, The drone is terrible, After 500 miles of this, I'm done. I will sell it.

Jsko

Established Member
I am running a Magnaflow catback with catted Kooks X-pipe and LT's. I think it sounds great, not too loud until you open it up. There isn't much drone on the highway and they aren't raspy since the midpipe is catted.

Mike L.

Established Member
Which midpipe are you running

I first ran it with a stock catted mid pipe and didn't like the drone. My muffler guy then cut the mid pipe behind the cats and installed a 2 1/2 X pipe to the cat back. It got better and I gained some power.
At 2200 rpm ( about 80 mph ) it still drones pretty good.
I might try the Dynamax next. I used to use the Chrysler hemi mufflers on quite a few of my old muscle cars and loved the sound. Don't know how they would sound on the Cobra.

CobraKC

Established Member
Is anybody running magnaflow 10416 with a bassini pipe and cats. How loud is it compared to Borla stingers and is there a Drone

I have the 10416's welded into a magnaflow catback, with bassani catted x. I can make you a vid in the next day or two if you like....

Users who are viewing this thread