Magnaflows vs Magnapacks Vid is up.

kaos

Established Member
You can skip to the bottom for the link, I'm going to ramble for a bit. :)

But my little experiment failed. I really thought that by having it on same tape and everything you would be able to really tell the difference. It's like everybody says, a clip just doesn't do it justice. They almost sound the same in the video. But in real life the maganpacks are a different animal. Everything about it sounds different except for idle. I've had nothing but the best compliments from people and especially non car people about how good the packs sound. I had one car guy tell he's never heard anything quite like it. He was totally impressed. I got bored of the magnaflows by about the second day, but these packs I just can't get enough off. The only thing is it can be pretty loud with 4.30's on long drive, but I can deal with it.

Video synapses: Stock headers, Magnaflow Catted X.
First part is with the Magnaflow CB and then the second part is with the Packs. On both parts, where I'm in the picture is when I putting in the Bassani Baffles. Since I haven't driven with the baffles I can't tell you how much they lower the sound output, but from me putting them in in the clips it didn't seem like it did much.

Right click save as: It's 15 MB http://omslaw.net/junk/MagnaflowvsMagnapacks.WMV

Oh I don't sound that gay in real life. I sound more like Barry White. :)

Last edited:

Bad01SVT

Established Member
You can tell a little difference. But your right it doesn't do it justice. I am new to all of this. I have only had my Cobra for almost 6 weeks now. But I love it. I can't wait until I have the money for the Magnapacks they are the best. But I want to do all of the exhaust work at once. Headers, X-pipe and packs. But at the same time I want to do the '03-04 front bumper, hood, and rear bumper. I just have to find some. And cheep! Working and going to school and paying for it just doesn't cut it. Thanks for the clip.

Dan

kaos

Established Member
Screw all that. Don't wait to do your full exhaust at once. Do it in piece, it's easier on the pocket books and you appreciate each step of the way better. Remember, it's not about the destination but the journey. Enjoy what little you can do for now. I think a CB is the best place to start so while driving around to make more money you can enjoy the sounds. If anything just get the packs and not a whole CB.

Congrats on your new baby. I got mine last year and it started with flowmasters, then magnafows, and now packs. Right now it's the best it's been.

chevysRslow

Established Member
A+ for effort doing the back to back video. The packs definitely sound meaner. Baffles didn't seem to do much but perhaps they'll help with drone.

kaos

Established Member
Thanks. Yeah, the baffles did nothing, but like you said maybe they will help with drone for a long drive.

I got the packs from Full Line for 111 shipped.

99SVTSnake

Established Member
That rocks. I am looking to do the same thing. I have had my Magnaflow for about 2-3 weeks now and I am bored with the sound. I love the way my buddies GT sounds with the Magnapacks. Was the swap hard and how much were the mufflers each? I was quoted $44 dollars each from CompleteExhuast.com

Nice video, keep it up.

Rich

kaos

Established Member
They were 55 each so 40 is very good. The swap was super easy. I went to a muffler shop and gave him money and I sat there while they did all the work. ;) I couldnt' do the swap because my exhaust was welded. I didn't like the clamps so I had my exhaust welded. But if you still have the clamps and the packs are the correct number the install should be as easy as a filter change, but don't quote me on that. That's assuming the packs are the same length as the reg. flows.

I still can't get enough of my exhaust. Even when it's cold at night I keep my windows down to hear it.

DSCobra01

Established Member
Sounds great and nice video too. :thumbsup: I can definitely tell the difference between the two and the packs sound much meaner. I have a friend who just put Mangaflows on his car and also feels that they are a little too quiet. I'm going to send him a link to this post and see what he thinks.

BTW, nice choice on the color of your car. Black is the best
:rockon:

CanuckCobra

Established Member
Forgive my ignorance..I have looked at the Magnaflow website and cant find magnapacks..are the just mufflers? If so which series..? They sound wicked and your video was great

thanks

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by CanuckCobra
...Forgive my ignorance..I have looked at the Magnaflow website and cant find magnapacks..are the just mufflers?...

Magnaflow doesn't produce a "Magnapack" version of the IRS Cobra catback (the catback that Magnaflow, the company, produces for IRS cobras come with "magnaflow" mufflers).
So yes, the Magnapack mufflers must be purchased separately and welded in...

Your options:

1 - Buy Magnapack mufflers & weld into factory catback

2 - Buy the Magnaflow catback for IRS cobras, which come with "magnaflow" mufflers & then purchase two magnapack mufflers to use in place of the regular magnaflow mufflers (slight pipe bending may be required in order to get a good fit).
*sell the magnaflow mufflers to recover some of the money!

32vGT

Established Member
Originally posted by 99SVTSnake
That rocks.... I was quoted $44 dollars each from CompleteExhuast.com ...Rich

I tried that site and it said it was not found. Did you type it correctly?

OMSLAW,

Thanks for the video I was considering getting one of the systems and now I still don't know. :shrug:

I want something that sounds mena and loud when I get on it but not so much when I'm just cruisin'. MAybe the flows are for me.?

Thanks again,
Jeff

99SVTSnake

Established Member
Sorry about that. You prolly wont find that part number on the site either. I had to call them to find out if they had and then they quoted me that price. There number is on their homepage.

Rich

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by mtb01
Whats the set up on the second part of the vid? I Like that one the best!

It's the magnapacks. It's so much better in person. I think I know where I screwed up. On both parts I had the camara close then a little further away. I think putting the camara further away would have been even better. Maybe I'll get somebody to film a drive by, those always come out pretty good and maybe an in car drive.

mtb01

Established Member
omslaw
Tell me what your complete exhaust sysyem set up is. From headers to the tips. I want it! Only thing done to mine was flowmasters and that was on when I got it. I'm looking at replacing everything.

Users who are viewing this thread