magnaflow

wayboarder

Established Member
So the previous owner of my truck had a magnaflow cat back on the truck and since its been in my hands it now has dynatech long tubes and mids.

Anyways the magnaflow muffler has split at the factory weld seam. So i gave magnaflow a ring and they warranty it, and to take it to where i bought it from and they will switch it out, thing is, im not the original purchaser of the cat back.

Am I S.O.L?

Id rather not spend another 500 bucks on another magnaflow though the sound is spectacular

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
I have the same setup as you.. I would have to spend the money and keep it the way it is.

Josh

Dusten

Established Member
wayboarder said:
So the previous owner of my truck had a magnaflow cat back on the truck and since its been in my hands it now has dynatech long tubes and mids.

Anyways the magnaflow muffler has split at the factory weld seam. So i gave magnaflow a ring and they warranty it, and to take it to where i bought it from and they will switch it out, thing is, im not the original purchaser of the cat back.

Am I S.O.L?

Id rather not spend another 500 bucks on another magnaflow though the sound is spectacular
typically, the warranty only goes as far as the original purchaser

wayboarder

Established Member
thats what i figured. Just trying to save money on my end, im not far away from enough for a whipple and supporting mods but the exhaust just put a monkey wrench in the plan. Guess I will have to wait a bit longer. Till then I love the setup I have/had. Should I rebuy the same setup or try something new? Suggestions welcome

wayboarder

Established Member
has anyone tried an X pipe followed by some cherry bombs? I wonder what the sound would be like...Im thinking more on the lines of terrible

samiam513

Banned
wayboarder said:
has anyone tried an X pipe followed by some cherry bombs? I wonder what the sound would be like...Im thinking more on the lines of terrible
can't see that sounding too good.

My old neighbor had a 34 ford with a 427FE with cherry bombs. He ended up removing the cherry bombs and putting dumps on it.

That car was loud as hell with the dumps.

wayboarder

Established Member
i just ran across the idea when i watched the recent episode of gearz and they showed the flow efficiency of those things on a flow bench and it looked really good. However the sound might as well be terrible. I should just stick with the magnaflow. Ive been told many times that my truck makes them want to buy one themselves just for the sound

wayboarder

Established Member
i know so many questions... but isnt there clearance issues with the bassani and t-bars? I had no problems with the old magnaflow with clearance. I know it sounds like im partial to the magnaflow.

wayboarder

Established Member
ive got some LFP 58" layin in my back room...waiting for my integra to get running again so i can park the lightning and throw on my stuff. Stupid japanese cars...

samiam513

Banned
wayboarder said:
i just ran across the idea when i watched the recent episode of gearz and they showed the flow efficiency of those things on a flow bench and it looked really good. However the sound might as well be terrible. I should just stick with the magnaflow. Ive been told many times that my truck makes them want to buy one themselves just for the sound

if you are worried about flow then go back to stock. There are a bunch of 500/600 hp trucks out there running long tubes, catless mids and stock catback due to sound. They aren't having any problems.

way back in the day when the works sc came out stock and bassani catback were dyno tested and there was something like a 4 hp diff. Same dyno, same day, both times the truck started cold.

wayboarder

Established Member
ya i keep reading the stock system is amazing. But I love the sound of the LT's. its just a toss up now of to try something new or buy what I know sounds awesome. Had a friend that had the entire bassani and it sounded great too. Idiot sold it for a nissan 350z and swore he would keep it stock...Liar

samiam513

Banned
wayboarder said:
Had a friend that had the entire bassani and it sounded great too. Idiot sold it for a nissan 350z and swore he would keep it stock...Liar

I'd trade a bassani system for a 350z any day.

Users who are viewing this thread