Magnaflow X Pipe Intstalled,,,Not Loud Enough!!!!

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I just installed my magnaflow x pipe (catted) and I love the sound, but it is too quiet!!! I wish I would have went with the bassani cat version so I could change the cats to straight pipes whenever I want. I have a magnaflow cat back as well. Should I change the catback for more sound volume??? I love the power gain I got, I just wish it was a few clicks louder. Maybe flowmaster catback????

david smilovic

Established Member
Loose your pre cats and if within budget the JDM headers will add volume.I get flipped off at lights for scaring children and I run it through a Borla which you may consider,or the Bassani cat back could help as well.Good luck,Dave S.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> headers will add volume.

Yup. Heard one with FMS/FRPP Ceramic Headers (Shorties) w/ MagnaFlow Tru-X w/ Cats & Cat-Back.

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
If he wants loud why bother with mufflers at all?

a buddy of mine had a 99 gt with a bassani x-pipe and custom pipes that exited just before the rear tires with no mufflers and it was insane how loud it was.but it did have a deep tone which i liked

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Good god, I had my X-pipe w/ cats and catback (Magnaflow) installed this week....

....I lost half of my hearing due to weapons fire when I was younger. I lost the other half driving my damned car around. Of course, it's been sunny and warm here so I HAD to have the top down too.....

ALA G8R

Banned
My baffles have been shelved. Spring is here. Top is down. I am into scaring the $hit out of the general public with my 03 snake. Gotta love it.

Later,

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ALA G8R
My baffles have been shelved. Spring is here. Top is down. I am into scaring the $hit out of the general public with my 03 snake. Gotta love it.

Later,
Good idea. Time to blow out the cobwebs.:beer:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Is there really much of a sound difference between the various vendors of x-pipes without cats? How much varience can a free-flowing pipe have from one to the other? I understand the difference between cat and no cat, but didn't think it made much difference between brands of no-cat x-pipes.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Why not give the system a little time to break in? Mine are getting louder as time goes by, although not much this week. :bash:

Stock H-pipe with the MagnaFlow cat back and it is pretty loud.

Dana

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
That's funny. I'm still waiting for my baffles to quiet this friggin exhaust down!

I took mine out and the sound was almost the same. I repacked the the baffles, put them back in, and still could not tell a real difference this time. I swear this exhaust is getting louder by the day or I'm getting too old for it. ;-)

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I have the same Magnaflow system you have and after some breakin miles you will hear the exhaust get quite a bit louder than it is now.The Magnaflow sounds like a mean crotch rocket sound and the Bassani sounds more like a big block sound from what i have heard.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
If loud is what you are looking for, get a muffler shop to remove the Magnaflow mufflers and install a set of MagnaPacks in it's place. I can guarantee unless you have hearing loss, this will be loud enough.

SVT Cobra

Established Member
quick question: if you cut the cats, and just make it a straight pipe, will it be noticeably louder? i know it wont pass emissions but a friend of mine wants to do that and i know a shop where the mechanics pass you just buy you paying them, they dont run the tests :-D

Users who are viewing this thread