Magnaflow X-pipe gasket & Check Engine Light?

SONICMAN

Established Member
Re: Re: Passenger side wasn't leaking.

Originally posted by cobragb
Very possible. After changing dozens of X & H pipes, I have learned two important things.

1 - always disconnect the battery during installation.

2 - Put the O2 sensors back in the exact same locations.

If I get a light after that, it's 99% a leak or bad cat.

I definitely didn't do number 1.
I definitely did do number 2.

Where did you get your car? I got mine at Bob Dunn in Greensboro. I see we have the same profession. What variety of train driver are you?

Brian

cobragb

Ford/Mustang Nut
Established Member
Ceiner Woods. Ordered it February 12th and Picked it up in October. "Quality Hold".... But the car is great!

As far as the "train", I drive Industrial Control Systems.

Did you go to the Nascar cafe last Saturday? We had a bunch of Fords and a good time.

SONICMAN

Established Member
Originally posted by cobragb
Ceiner Woods. Ordered it February 12th and Picked it up in October. "Quality Hold".... But the car is great!

As far as the "train", I drive Industrial Control Systems.

Did you go to the Nascar cafe last Saturday? We had a bunch of Fords and a good time.

Oh you are somewhat of a sparky, huh?

I just found one that the dealer had just gotten in a few days prior and got it. I got mine 8-29-02. It rained all the way to Raleigh the night I got it. Mine has a vibration above 75 mph, just slightly. The dealer ordered a new driveshaft for mine, but hasn't come in yet. Mine has started to stall lately. It didn't stall until I started doing mods to it. I have the YDHO program that the second run cars have and mine stalls still. I also had a rough idle when the AC isn't running. The factory H-pipe had cats that had started to turn blue due to the heat. Some people claim that is a sign of the clogged cats. I am going to change to the TR-6 plugs this week. I have had them a while just haven't installed them yet.

I didn't make it to the Nascar Cafe Saturday. I had problems getting the X-pipe installed and couldn't get ready to go in time. I would like to have made it. I should make it to the next big function though. Have you done any mods to yours yet?

Brian

cobragb

Ford/Mustang Nut
Established Member
hehe, sparky..., I guess so. You?

I've only had mine less than two weeks. I have the old code in mine and have had it stall only once when it was cold doing a u-turn. I am collecting parts as we speak to start modding her. In the garage, I have MM subframes, JMS chip, KB STB, Densecharger, NGK's, JBA headers, Metco Inc 2 & 6 Lb Lower pulleys, and waiting on the next GP for 3" QMP exhaust. And waiting for KB to start making the vert rollbar. That should be a good start.

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread