Magnaflow vs Dynomax VT pics+video inside

smitty2919

Established Member
Background: I was searching for a nice sounding exhaust with a quiet interior (since it's my DD and I hate drone)and not breaking the bank...and I found it!

Dynomax VT mufflers..... I finally got to finish up the comparison videos for both the full size Magnaflow mufflers and the Dynomax VT’s. I will first say that they are comparable in terms of loudness OUTSIDE, but inside the VT’s greatly reduce the interior drone/noise. A lot of people think that the full size Magnaflows are the answer to “no drone” and think they are quiet. Yes in comparison to SLP’s etc, but the VT’s reduce it THAT much more. I've had the VT's on for about 2 weeks now and had a 2 hr cruise with them and they were AMAZING. I got out and my ears were NOT ringing for once. Makes the car more enjoyable to drive and does not take so much of a toll on your body while driving long distances.

CC set at 70mph, windows up, no a/c, radio off:

Magnaflow:
~79 dB flat highway
~84 dB uphill load

Dynomax VT:
~76 dB flat highway
~74 dB uphill load (you can hear in the video that I went from crappy pavement to new pavement so that shows how the tire/road noise can be heard)

Highlight pics:

38982434109_large.jpg

38982434110_large.jpg

38982434113_large.jpg

Magnaflow (left) VT (right)

38982434115_large.jpg

All done!

38982434118_large.jpg

I couldn’t be happier with these mufflers. I did have to cut the outlet pipes off the mufflers since they are NOT a direct replacement for Magnaflow mufflers like they advertise. The VT's both have flared inlet and outlet pipes while the Magnaflows have a flared inlet only. I would have two flared pipes mating up between the VT outlet and the Magnaflow over axle pipe. So I cut it off and had a guy at work tig weld a section of pipe on.

Video: done on same section of highway with same Flip video camera and same Radio Shack decibel reader.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_g5i4K9G4k"]Magnaflow vs Dynomax VT - YouTube[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread