MagnaFlow Posters...

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Ok, so I installed the X-pipe and Cat-back system this weekend.

I tried to do it myself, but I had major trouble with one bolt on the passenger-side header. I just couldn't get my deep socket on the bolt. I was going to cut-off some of the length (of the socket), but it was getting dark, so I just put on the cat-back and put the car back together.

Oh my God the car is loud. It sounds like a stock car (not just sounds as in tone, but also as in decibels). I am not saying I don't like it, cause I do, but OMG it is loud.

I feel like I need a mullet now :loser: .

I had Meinke put the X-pipe on Saturday. They had to do the exact same thing I was going to do (cut off a deep socket) only they weren't laying on their back for an hour...

After I put on the X-pipe the car might have sounded a little louder but it was negligible. But it did change the sound...I think I read where someone said it sounds very exotic...it does. I love the sound but be prepared for the change. It is night and day...but I love it....:-D

Last edited:

71stang99

Established Member
i had some trouble with the bolt your talking about, the lower of the two on the passenger side, is a paine but I removed it using a deep socket and a universal adapter, I think thats what its called, I tighted the hell out of it and twice I still get an exhaust leak until the car warms up, I really like the sound though

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
when i did mine i removed the brace there on the bottom (the thing under the transmission that has two bolts holding it into place). It made the lower passanger bolt much easier it access. But there is no straight shot at it, atleast on my back there isn't. I used a swivel head to get a grip on it. The only thig that sucks about a swivel head is that it takes away some of the torque you have turning it.

Users who are viewing this thread