MAGNAFLOW NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
As some of you here may know, I am installing a solid axle in my Cobra. So, I figured the easiest way to change the exhaust was just to purchase the GT pipes from Magnaflow, since the Cobra and GT are different, and I have the Magnaflow cat-back system on my car now.

What a surprise. I spoke to both sales and customer support. Guess what? They don't sell the tailpipes seperately. They do not sell replacement parts! If I didn't want to buy the entire catback system, there was nothing they could or would do for me.
They make their pipes in house and still would not even consider pulling a set of tail pipes out for me.
They could only suggest having a set made at a shop that has a bender. Then I still have to deal with hanger placement and other BS that could easily be avoided.
This is not the biggest thing in the world, but still an extra step to have to deal with that could easily be avoided.

Keep this in mind when purchasing your exhaust system!!!

Think twice about Magnaflow. You better not ever need parts!!!

If I do buy another cat back system, it certainly won't be a Magnaflow.

I am open to suggestions.

Anyone have any connections at Magnaflow?

Anyone have Mario Andretti's e-mail address? HA!HA!

Dana

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Sorry to hear that.

Same sort of thing happened to me when I wanted to put the Magnapacks on my '01 Cobra with the regular Magnaflow system. I had the pipes expanded a tad to fit the mufflers and they split. Called up support and sales and they basically said I would have to buy a new catback. So, basically if you need parts...forget about it. Take a look at my sig.....you DO NOT see Magnaflow on my car, nor will you ever. What happens if some jacka$$ rearends you and messes up a tailpipe? Gotta buy a new catback....screw Magnaflow.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
No intelligent thinking at Magna Flow. So you'll switch to another company and they'll lose you as a customer forever instead of selling you the part, making money, and having you buy your next system or upgrades from them. Doesn't make sense to me. That's it. No Magna Flow for me next spring. :bash:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That sucks. Never used maggies, too bad to hear their CS blows. ... I have never had a problem getting stuff from Bassani. Cats, clamps, extra tail pipe for one that did not hang correctly.

ergon

Established Member
These are the things that we ALL need to know. I've run into the same and this is the best place to let others learn from our mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread