Magnaflow Exhaust Question

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
I have a bassani x-pipe and am wondering if a magnaflow cat back will work with the bassani. Does anyone else have this set up? How does it sound?
I am getting it from someone who has stuff on ebay. He is selling them for 370 new shipping included. Is that a good price? I guess I would need the 2.5" exhaust or would a 3" work? He says I have a choice between the Magnapacks or the
Magnaflow Mufflers. What is the difference between the two. :shrug:

Thanks in advance

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I have a Magnaflow Magnapack catback behind a Bassani X-Pipe w/Cats on my 2000 GT. Sounds BAAAD ass. I get compliments all the time on my setup. I have sold four systems like mine from people hearing my exhaust at get togethers. Of course this is on a GT, not a blown Cobra - but I would not imagine it would sound too much different. I will be putting on a MagnaFlow catback and X-Pipe if a few days, should sound about the same as your proposed setup.

You cannot get MagnaPacks for the Cobra, I called MagnaFlow and talked to them about it - they said the IRS will not allow MagnaPacks :( I was finding MagnaFlow catbacks for about $340-$350 when we were looking a few days ago. Email me and I will send you the contact info on where I bought my setup yesterday. He could save you a few bucks.

Last edited:

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
$370 including shipping is a great price. To answer your question of fit, "yes"; they will will work with the Bassani X. Unless you want to shatter glass for miles, go with the Magnaflows. The Magnapacks are L O U D!

Users who are viewing this thread