Magnaflow Dealer Install

bluecoupdegrace

Established Member
My SVT dealer has agreed to install a Magnaflow Catback with the caveat that installation may take longer than expected due to the fact that the product (Part #15644) is for an 99-01 Cobra.

What info could I give them, that you guys who have installed them yourselves have learned, that would make the job easier, quicker and less expensive in terms of labor time ?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Bluecoupedegrace,
The part number (15644) you have is now also the part number for the '03 Cobras.
If it is a recent aquisition, the installer will not have to do anything additional to the system. If it has been sitting somewhere for a few months, one of the rear hangers may have to be bent sightly. so I am told. Otherwise they are identical. I read on this board that MagnaFlow did some running changes to make it compatible. I hope to install mine this week, if it shows up.

Dana

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I just had mine installed by a dealer and it was no problem except for the passenger side tip which came out to close to the plastic. He told me not to worry, but I now have melted plastic on my tip. Make sure that they are at least 1/4 3/8 inch away from the plastic.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I have no way of telling, but I'll try to find out. Mine is from the GP too. Either way, the dealer should have no problem with the install.
Dana

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Umm... If your dealer installs your exhaust, does that mean that they wont care about the warranty thing. Does that mean that mabee ford dealers are more leanient about mods on cars?

bluecoupdegrace

Established Member
This particular SVT dealer has stated that he and his dealership will honor the warranty for intake and exhaust mods -- but no pulleys or chips.

So he has drawn a line in the sand with me.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by bluecoupdegrace
I just had my Magnaflow catback shipped to me as part of the group buy.

Any way to tell whether it's an "older" kit or not ?

You could check the printing on the box. I got one of the older kits and I had to bend both rear tip hangers a bit, (i.e., put in a bigger offset), so the tips wouldn't be too close to the cutouts. The printing on the box said it was for a '99-'01 Cobra. Maybe the newer released ones say '99-'03 Cobra?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
bluecoupedegrass,
Another of the owners in the GP received and installed his system. He told me that it fit perfect. He had called MagnaFlow prior to the GP and was told that the running changes had been made in late August. Ours should be just fine!! They just came out of MagnaFlow.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread