Magnaflow Competition Cat-Back 19101

Obsol3te

Orange Golfball
Established Member
Just got picked up the cat-back at a good price through one of the members on this forum. The install was very straightforward and simple. The hardest part was getting the tips of the mufflers to sit correctly, but theyre sitting pretty now. The only issue i'm having is the P/S forward most hanger is about an inch or two away from actually fitting in the bracket. Guessing I'll have to have an exhaust shop possibly have to modify this. Anyone else having this issue? As for the sound, I had similar mufflers on my 92 GT and it somewhat reminds me of the tone. A huge improvement over stock. I don't know if there is any kind of power increase, if any. The stock exhaust seems to flow pretty well(the cat-back at least). So I don't really plan to put it back on the rollers to try and squeeze a few more whp out of it. But if anyone's interested I can post exhaust clips. Still have stock headers and cats for the time being. Once a few more of the 92 GT part's sell I'll invest in a set of Longtube headers. Here's a pic of the issue
Hanger-Bracket Issue.jpg

esacteksab

Established Member
Is it possible you have the right muffler on the left, and the left muffler on the right? I experienced something similar when I r&r my factory cat back upside down.

Obsol3te

Orange Golfball
Established Member
The way the hangers are welded on the mufflers, it's impossible. This kit is a 7 piece kit, not like the ones you see on install videos on cjponyparts or American muscle. Those kits are a 5 piece

Users who are viewing this thread