Magnaflow Competition 3" system

stevens11bravo

Established Member
(THIS IS JUST FOR THE CATBACK, NOT HEADERS AND X-PIPE) I purchased a full exhaust system and it came with the Magnaflow Competition 3" catback. The bad thing is the dumb@$$ welded the tail pipes to the x pipe and it had to be cut off when removed so it will need a small piece of pipe welded to them where they neck down (see pics) so it will mate up to your mid-pipe so you can clamp it on the right way. Shouldn't cost much at all and can be done by any muffler shop. You will probably be going to one anyway because you need a lift to install the system. The system retails for almost $1000. I am asking a FIRM $450 plus shipping and fees or local pickup in Somerset, KY. If you are seriously interested call or text 6062190967

I have the small pieces that go to the pipes, I cut them off the x pipe and you could weld them back on but you will need to grind the welds down on the ends or you can just have a shop weld on fresh pieces. I attached more pics to show what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

stevens11bravo

Established Member
exhaust_zpse119c0b4.jpg

GrnBullitt08

Established Member
Did you cut the OTA where they meet the xpipe? The tapered down piece of the pipe where it slides into the clamp looks cut back

Never mind I just saw it in the description. That is a bummer. I've been looking for this Catback.

Last edited:

stevens11bravo

Established Member
That's what I described in the listing. This is how I got them. The previous owner of the system had them welded to the x pipe and they had to be cut off when removed thus the reason they will need a small piece of pipe added to them where they neck down from 3" to 2.75" and connect to the mid-pipe. I have the small pieces that go to the pipes, I cut them off the x pipe and you could weld them back on but you will need to grind the welds down on the ends or you can just have a shop weld on fresh pieces. I attached more pics to show what I'm talking about. There is also a very small dent in each over the axle pipe that the previous owner did to keep them from rubbing on his rear end, about the diameter of a quarter and maybe a centimeter deep. Can't been seen when installed and in no way could it affect performance.

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Established Member
Overall condition looks good. And I could definitely repair that. I'm gonna give it some thought. I'll PM ya

stevens11bravo

Established Member
Had some good offers but I'm firm for the time being. Just a set JPC Over the Axle Pipes are $350. I think $450 is fair for this system.

stevens11bravo

Established Member
Refunded payment to ozzygt500. Shipping and paypal address don't match and one is outside the US. PM me to sort this out if your still interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread