Magnaflow CB vs Bassani on an 01 4v..

Blown01GT

Established Member
I have a chance to get a good deal on a bassani catback, so I might go for it.

My current setup is 01 4v, Hooker LTs and o/r X with Magnaflow CB.

I havent heard it yet because the car isnt done but I have heard magnaflow doesnt sound too good on 01 Cobras.

Anyone have any experience with the Bassani?

hunterp

Established Member
Actually, I have a Magnaflow X and catback and it sounds great. I get thumbs up all the time and the people that know my car, actually stand around and wait for me to start it. I would recommend that you at least listen to it before you have it ripped out.

99SVTcobraVERT

i had magnaflow for 2 months before ditching it for ford motorsport 3 inch. then i got bassani catback. my bassani catback picked up ove 20rwhp and 30rwtq with the blower. so you tell me =) :beer:

Blown01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by hunterp
Actually, I have a Magnaflow X and catback and it sounds great. I get thumbs up all the time and the people that know my car, actually stand around and wait for me to start it. I would recommend that you at least listen to it before you have it ripped out.
Thats what I think Im gonna do.

Blown01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
i had magnaflow for 2 months before ditching it for ford motorsport 3 inch. then i got bassani catback. my bassani catback picked up ove 20rwhp and 30rwtq with the blower. so you tell me =) :beer:
I would think the Magnaflow and Bassani should make about the same power.

moonltgold

Keep the Mags for now -- straight through muff so nothing is going to make more hp (although the Borla Stinger is supposed to have a slight edge but I haven't seen any numbers). Bassani does have the slight edge in sound IMO over the Mags, but I don't think Bassanis are straight through, not sure. I have Mags and will keep them, the only other I would consider is the Stingers. They seem to have it all, but they're loud!

Blown01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by moonlt
Keep the Mags for now -- straight through muff so nothing is going to make more hp (although the Borla Stinger is supposed to have a slight edge but I haven't seen any numbers). Bassani does have the slight edge in sound IMO over the Mags, but I don't think Bassanis are straight through, not sure. I have Mags and will keep them, the only other I would consider is the Stingers. They seem to have it all, but they're loud!
Yea Bassani is straight thru too.

99SVTcobraVERT

no, trust me they didnt for my car. the ford made 3rwhp and -2 tq than my magnaflow all na. and the bassani picked up over 20rwhp over my ford racing under boost. it stands to say that it would pick up more than the mag also.

Blown01GT

Established Member
no, trust me they didnt for my car. the ford made 3rwhp and -2 tq than my magnaflow all na. and the bassani picked up over 20rwhp over my ford racing under boost. it stands to say that it would pick up more than the mag also.
I refuse to believe that a Bassani CB will make 20rwhp more than the Magnaflow.

Im sure under boost both the Bassani and Magnaflow would make comparable numbers.

99SVTcobraVERT

refuse all you want. the bassani made more power and the ford racing made more power than the mag. and i know from my other buddies 01 cobra that his made more power when he switched out. if you refuse to believe then i guess dotn ask. and bottom line is that even if it made exact same power, it sounds better than my old mag. what kind of deal are you being offered on the bassani btw?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member

Are you saying that your NA car with a Magnaflow catback made less power than your blown car with a Bassani catback? Of course your Bassani catback made more power with the blower than the other two. That's like saying, my blown car made more power than my NA car, you decide. If you are talking about blown vs. blown, then I would love to see a dyno graph proving the Bassani catback made 20rwhp and 30rwtq more than the other two.

motorCITY

Established Member
Blown01GT - I agree w/previous post. Listen to your current setup before rippin' it out. You may really like it.

Most will agree, Bassani makes some of the best catbacks out there, but until you listen to someone w/the Bassani cat-back you're considering, you really won't be able to make a good decision by comparison. And the last thing you want to do is spend that kinda $$ based on sound clips or what other people say. Go listen in person. You'll be much happier w/your final decision. Good Luck.

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by BreBar21
Are you saying that your NA car with a Magnaflow catback made less power than your blown car with a Bassani catback? Of course your Bassani catback made more power with the blower than the other two. That's like saying, my blown car made more power than my NA car, you decide. If you are talking about blown vs. blown, then I would love to see a dyno graph proving the Bassani catback made 20rwhp and 30rwtq more than the other two.

go back and read again please :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread