Magnaflow Catted X or MRT Catted H

alfman9

You smell smoke?
Established Member
X or H is the question. I understand the X will give me a little more on the top end, but will the H get me a little on the bottom? Also, will H sound more muscular and not raspy? Opinions appreciated.

PLATIADO

Established Member
I'm in the same boat your on alfman can't decide which way to go hope someone can help us out...

2003 Silver

Banned
alfman9 said:
X or H is the question. I understand the X will give me a little more on the top end, but will the H get me a little on the bottom? Also, will H sound more muscular and not raspy? Opinions appreciated.

H will give you more on low end...x more on top end. H will sound muscular and x will sound exotic. I have the Maggie catted x, Bassani catted x and now I have the MRT catted h...they all sound great, it comes down to personal preference...in the end I went with the h and a Steeda c/b so I could get a setup with the least amount of interior drone. Liked the sound of the Maggie though.....

alfman9

You smell smoke?
Established Member
How is the fitment on the MRT cat H. Ive heard of a couple guys who had to weld it up because it wouldnt seal properly. Im not a fan of welding parts that were made to be bolted on, and I wanted to do this in the driveway.

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
Unlike the oem mid-pipe the mrt is split in two pieces at the crossover tube on the "H" part, which is a slip fit. Mrt claims it's fine like that but a few people welded it. As far as fitment; they fit like a glove and are of top notch quality. If you are the slightest bit concerned about the slip fit "H" connection just throw a SS band clamp on it.

alfman9

You smell smoke?
Established Member
How much louder will the mrt be? I would like it a little bit louder than it is now with just the magnaflow catback, but I dont want it to drone real bad or be obnoxious. I Still need to hide from the cops.

Oh yea, where is the best place to get one? From what Ive seen, it costs more than I paid for the catback?!?!

Last edited:

2003 Silver

Banned
alfman9 said:
How much louder will the mrt be? I would like it a little bit louder than it is now with just the magnaflow catback, but I dont want it to drone real bad or be obnoxious. I Still need to hide from the cops.

Oh yea, where is the best place to get one? From what Ive seen, it costs more than I paid for the catback?!?!

It will get louder, but not out of control. Less drone than an x-pipe.....

I tried just about every system....Stingers, Magnaflow c/b and catted x, Bassani c/b and catted x, Maggie c/b and Bassani x.......finally came down to Steeda c/b and Mrt catted h. Wanted good sound 9not overbearing)with the least amount of interior drone and I attribute alot to the Steeda c/b and some to the Mrt H. Can't go wrong the MRT catted h. I liked the sound of my Maggie/Maggie setup, but the drone @ 2,000 was too much........

Users who are viewing this thread