Magnaflow Cat-back

blk96SVT

Established Member
I just went to an exhaust shop to ask for a price on the Magnaflow cat-back and for that shop to install it. They told me it would be around $600 for everything installed. I was kind of shocked, but I didnt know exactly what to expect on the price before i walked in there. I just want to know if that seemed high or is about right. I really want to get the Magnaflows (probably this spring). Also, another question. Does Magnaflow make an X-pipe for '96 Cobras? The guy was looking in the book and didnt see any for the 96-98 Cobras. He saw one for the 94-95 though. Does Maganflow make an xpipe for this year? Any help or advice will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Tim

Levi

Established Member
On my 98 Cobra the Magnaflow cat-back cost me $330.00 and install was $60.00. Magnaflow at this time does not make an X-pipe for 96-98.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Levi
On my 98 Cobra the Magnaflow cat-back cost me $330.00 and install was $60.00. Magnaflow at this time does not make an X-pipe for 96-98.

Are these guys trying to rip me off or what??!?!? That is some crap. Did you get some kind of discount? I cant believe that they told me it was that much. Thanks BTW for telling me that Magnaflow doesnt make a X-pipe. Do you know if they are going to make one or not? Later

Tim

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Levi

Sorry I forgot to ask if you like the cat back sound? I heard that its a tad quieter at idle than the stock exhaust, but at WOT it sounds real nice.

Tim

Levi

Established Member
IMO, I think it sounds great all the time, NO heavy drown like most exhaust. I don't know if they will ever make an x-pipe, I hope they will.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Are you still using the stock h-pipe or an aftermarket X? If an X, which one. I hope they make an X for our cars cause it would probably make it sound that much better!

Tim

Levi

Established Member
I have the stock h-pipe, for now. Yes it would sound better and I hope to change to high flow cats and x-pipe after I install a blower(some time next year). FYI, Bassani make's an o/r and cat'd x-pipe for are model year.

Users who are viewing this thread