Maf?

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
i have a ba2800 grantelli mass air meter. if i use this do i not need to get a mass air extender like a MAFia? or is this mass air too big to use with just a ported eaton with a 6lber. thanks

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
With just a 6lb pulley, a BA2400 model would be preferable over the 2800 model as it's electronics have better resolution at lower air flows. But a good experienced tuner should be able to work with the 2800 model.

The Granatelli BS2800 model is still a 90 mm MAF meter as is the stock 2001 and up meter but has a different electronics. The MAFIA extension also alters the electronic output in your original meter. Both are designed to accomplish basically the same purpose: to compensate for greater airflows than stock within the MAF meter so the computer can make proper a/f ratio adjustments. Installation of the Granatelli (same for the SCT models) require that some internal parameter changes be done and can only be done by some one with the proper software. Most people take their truck to a dyno and the dyno operater makes the adjustments. And, as every engine and mod's doen to it tend to act differently, even the MAFIA setting is usually best determined using a dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread