Maf size question for new setup.

svo/svt

Established Member
First off i have a new setup and im so close to getting it tuned and im trying to make sure i have all the right parts to get the maximum hp out of what Ive got. I have a stroked 4.6 to 5.0 with a ported eaton. 2.76 pulley with 4lb lower. 60lb injectors,acufab tb, bbk long tubes,fluidyne he. lethal return fuel setup with twin 255 pumps
Is there anything else im missing that i will need for this setup?

My question is i have a 100mm maf with the stock sensor in it. Could some one tell me if this is going to be big enough for my setup? i have a maf extender laying around and should i use it or is it only for stock mafs.

Avispa

Established Member
You should be ok. Make sure your tuner knows what size MAF tube you have, because the calibration will be totally different from a stock sensor in the stock 90mm tube.

svo/svt

Established Member
Ok thanks good to know. Do you think I would need my diablo maf extender. I was going to sell it but I don't want to end up buying another one.

Avispa

Established Member
As an educated guess, no. The stock MAF pegs at about 450 RWHP. You're running a sensor tube with a cross sectional area 121% of the stock (100/90)^2, so your stock MAF sensor will peg out at about 540 RWHP (20% over stock).

A suggestion is to check it on a dyno before you get rid of the MAF extender. If the MAF pegs out before you hit top end, keep the extender. You have more displacement than stock, and with the pulley setup you have, I'm not sure how much air flow you'll end up with. Dyno runs are cheaper than motors!

Users who are viewing this thread