Made thhe Switch from a GT500 to The Boss.....Anyone Else????

barstoolman

Established Member
Just picked up a Boss 302..........all I can say is WOW :beer:..........anyone else considering the same or already done it???????

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
It's a very nice car, but the GT500 is more suited for my needs. Just no road courses around here, but plenty of drag strips. Enjoy it.:beer:

Cobra 2997

Established Member
I'm kind of in the opposite position. I have a Boss 302 on order, but am also considering a 2012 GT500. Seriously considering getting both of them.....

barstoolman

Established Member
barstoolman,

post pics or BAN!!!! lol

Can't post 'cause I'm not yet a Premium member............the only pic up of the car is in my avatar. I'll try to link more to photobucket or some other site.

BTW, for right now, I still have both and love 'em both. I must say however, the stock suspension in the Boss is far superior and a fantastic upgrade to the one in my '08 GT500, even after installing the FRPP Handling Pack.

Drove the new GT500 and it is truly a marvel as well. Enjoy 'em all:beer:

Last edited:

GatorSnake

Bite First Bark Later
Established Member
I would never get rid of my GT500. But if I could afford a second mustang it would definately be the Boss! It is probably the best all around mustang ever.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
If I had a GT500 I'd trade it in a heart beat.. The new Boss is a fully built 5.0L all forged internals.. If they are getting 700rwhp out of a stock 5.0L with a whipple 2.9 at X amount of boost that is sweet. The GT isn't on forged internals.. But with a boss the sky's the limit really.. I'd like to see the boss with a blower at 20psi and C16 or E85.. It would literally destroy damn near everything.. :beer:

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
Talk when you know,,,,

If I had a GT500 I'd trade it in a heart beat.. The new Boss is a fully built 5.0L all forged internals.. If they are getting 700rwhp out of a stock 5.0L with a whipple 2.9 at X amount of boost that is sweet. The GT isn't on forged internals.. But with a boss the sky's the limit really.. I'd like to see the boss with a blower at 20psi and C16 or E85.. It would literally destroy damn near everything.. :beer:

GT 500 are all forged internals. Just like the Termis. All Ford supercharged production comes with forged internals. Just so you learn... a little. Not to say the Boss 302 is also another great creation from FORD.:burn:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
GT 500 are all forged internals. Just like the Termis. All Ford supercharged production comes with forged internals. Just so you learn... a little. Not to say the Boss 302 is also another great creation from FORD.:burn:

LMFAO:lol:... you need to learn a bit bro.. They are most certainly not a true FORGED rod lol.. Do some reading man.. It's bad that a non GT500 owner knows more.. Tell you what.. Start pushin over 700rwhp on your GT500 and let me know how your sweet "just like the termis" forged rods work out for ya.. :burn:

I think the boss is the best of both worlds.. The 5.0L's have been proven with boost to run 9's.. To be able to run 9's at a drag strip then go to a roadcoarse and rip it up is just awesome..

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the rods in the mustang GT, boss 302, and GT500 are ALL powdered forged rods(the GT500 pieces being the strongest of the bunch of course). the 03/04 cobras had drop forged rods, as well as the 00'R, and the ford GT. big, BIG, difference between the 2 forging processes. pistons are the weak link in the 03/04s, rods are the weak link in the GT500.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread