Made some drive line upgrades this winter, car feels amazing !

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
Just wrapped up installing some drive line goodies.
-26 spline tremac input shaft from D&D performance
-Exedy Mach 500 clutch , ford racing flywheel, mcloed sleeve, new OEM fork pivot
-Pennzoil syncromesh along with bobs shifter gasket
-anti venom mod
-Billet rear diff brace, and poly diff bushings.

Car feels great ! No more drive line clunk, the clutch pedal actually feels softer then stock but its also nice and grabby, No chatter either. Overall shifting just feels so much smoother. Im very pleased .

Cant wait to really row some gears without worry about the 10 spine breaking.

Pics
56424381-8DD9-4BC5-AFAB-41B7D77918D5_1.jpg

46D8BFB2-5228-4A0F-954C-5243E76B8CE2.jpg

you can also Spy the CE head cooling mod that I installed

AA862180-B5B4-4473-98B8-DDD391152FD6.jpg

Im considering upgrading to a poly trans mount, but Im hesitant since Ive had some unpleasant vibration on previous vehicles with polly trans mounts.

any opinions on this ?

I also thought about filling the stock one with urethane but want to find a cheap spare just in case.

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Pictures aren't loading however it sounds like you had your hands full. I would consider Stifflers Transmission Crossmember Brace.

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
Pictures aren't loading however it sounds like you had your hands full. I would consider Stifflers Transmission Crossmember Brace.

I am in need of a new crossmember and the stifflers crossmember is the only thing that comes up for the 03/04 cobra .
Where can I find a stock one ?

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
I guess they stopped making the stock one, there's a few kicking around but people want top dollar for them.

I'm considering the stifflers but I'm hesitant because having a very ridged trans mount transfers vibration.

I'D WIN

Established Member
The stock transmission mount?!? Really! Why would they be top dollar? I don't get that ... I may be down just to give mine away.

On another note, if you have driveline vibration, I would figure out what the culprit is. You may need to optimize the driveline angle.

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
The stock transmission mount?!? Really! Why would they be top dollar? I don't get that ... I may be down just to give mine away.

On another note, if you have driveline vibration, I would figure out what the culprit is. You may need to optimize the driveline angle.

I dont have a driveline vibration.
Everything feels smooth as butter

Poly transmission mounts can cause unwanted vibrations which is why I'm hesitant on buying one.

I'd buy a brand new stock one if they where available.

If you want to get rid of your stock one I'll PayPal you $40 ?

Do you run the stifflers mount on your car ? Any additional vibration ?

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I personally would have done a cover over a brace, especially since you had the center section completely out. Looks good though.

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
Ya I got the brace months ago, thought about selling it and getting a cover but then just put it on.
I'm pretty sure the stock axles will fail still before the cover/ brace does so it's all good lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya I got the brace months ago, thought about selling it and getting a cover but then just put it on.
I'm pretty sure the stock axles will fail still before the cover/ brace does so it's all good lol

People have posted pictures of cracked covers with a brace on. Plus a cover has many benefits. Main cap support bolts, fill plug, and a drain plug to name a few.

Not knocking, just making points.

I'D WIN

Established Member
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegI am running everything Stifflers including the transmission crossmember with zero issues. It's a solid piece with multiple bushings.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Not trying to rain on you parade but I agree with Brady, would have put a cover on. I ran a brace before I built my IRS and still ended up with leaks. Switched to the Ford racing cover when I did bushings and I've been fine since
Also I wouldn't hesitate for a second about running the trans mount from stifflers. I run most everything he makes and its all very good

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I am running everything Stifflers including the transmission crossmember with zero issues. It's a solid piece with multiple bushings.

Mines sitting on my bedroom floor. I cant wait to put it on. I will be removing my 30k miles stock cross member if anyone is interested (wont have it off until mid march).

SlowSVT

Established Member
As someone who went to great lengths stiffening the chassis I don't really see much value in that aftermarket transmission cross member which is a basically piece of flat stock over the factory formed steel cross member which will be way stiffer. All the cross member does is hold up the tail of the transmission and is not really under any load, the engine mounts is what transmits all the torque to the chassis. The OEM soft rubber mounts will do a much better job damping the gear noise from the floor pan then urethane bushing which are much harder. The heim jointed tie rods stiffeners look intriguing but they are mounted to flat plate brackets on slotted holes which is not optimal. Besides the cross member mounting bracket spot welded to the chassis is an open ended sheet metal hat section structure which is not overly stiff. I boxed mine in with plates at both ends which won't move.

I think the money spent here could be put to better use.

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
As someone who went to great lengths stiffening the chassis I don't really see much value in that aftermarket transmission cross member which is a basically piece of flat stock over the factory formed steel cross member which will be way stiffer. All the cross member does is hold up the tail of the transmission and is not really under any load, the engine mounts is what transmits all the torque to the chassis..

I think the money spent here could be put to better use.

Who else makes transmission crossmembers ?

I'D WIN

Established Member
The purpose of Stiffler's transmission crossmember, when used in conjunction with their other products, is to tie everything together. It offers another point to further bring it all together. They have taken our vehicle and found an economical and effective way to do so without excessive fabrication. It is essentially a bolt-on option and sure, there are far better ways to improve frame stiffness, etc. but not without added costs and fabrication. By itself though, the transmission crossmember has some additional benefits as indicated on their website which have also helped me (low-profile, weight, space, exhaust clearance, etc.). It is not sold as or designed to stiffen the frame alone so if your expecting it to solve that, your misunderstanding the purpose of the piece. I have zero issues and wouldn't change a thing. There are other transmission crossmembers commercially available however Stiffler's works best when combined with their spider and lower chassis brace. You have some very limited options, you just need to decide which direction you want to go. If you do not have FLSFC and are not going to install the spider and lower chassis brace, I would just stick to OEM but it doesn't compare IMO.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-t56crossmember-9904.html (cheap alternative)

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
The purpose of Stiffler's transmission crossmember, when used in conjunction with their other products, is to tie everything together. It offers another point to further bring it all together. They have taken our vehicle and found an economical and effective way to do so without excessive fabrication. It is essentially a bolt-on option and sure, there are far better ways to improve frame stiffness, etc. but not without added costs and fabrication. By itself though, the transmission crossmember has some additional benefits as indicated on their website which have also helped me (low-profile, weight, space, exhaust clearance, etc.). It is not sold as or designed to stiffen the frame alone so if your expecting it to solve that, your misunderstanding the purpose of the piece. I have zero issues and wouldn't change a thing. There are other transmission crossmembers commercially available however Stiffler's works best when combined with their spider and lower chassis brace. You have some very limited options, you just need to decide which direction you want to go. If you do not have FLSFC and are not going to install the spider and lower chassis brace, I would just stick to OEM but it doesn't compare IMO.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-t56crossmember-9904.html (cheap alternative)

I saw that mount at am, went to order and it says no longer available.

Sell me your stock one for $40 ?

I do wish I went with the cover don't get me wrong, I purchased the brace when I first got this car months ago and it seemed like a good option at the time. Then I just put it on didn't feel like trying to sell it.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Who else makes transmission crossmembers ?

I have not heard of any other aftermarket companies offering an SN95 T56 cross member. There is not much incentive to replace the OEM unit. If you are looking for one check the market section. Perhaps you can catch someone who did a TH400 swap and will sell you the old cross member.

Users who are viewing this thread