made it to the track

frogsdime

Established Member
So made it to the track for the 1st time since bought the L. Let me know what you guys think

My mods are 03 L w/ #6 lower, FTVB, bassani cat back, LFP tune, CALTRACS bars, and brand new Hankooks.

60' 1.90
1/4 13.0@104

I know my tune is rich (11.2-11.4 WOT) but trying to play safe until i get dyno tune and get dialed in perfect. I think the caltracs are hooking pretty good.

The track had no prep (or very little) b/c tonight is "fun drags" night and all street cars there. Kinda of shitty but to go on the weekend its much more expensive and they prep the track. Overall I wanted to cut 1.8s and hit 12.99 but at least i know now what i need to work on.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Seems a bit slow since I pulled a 2.1 60' and still ran a 13.5 @ 104 last night with only the mods in my sig. I am not much help as to why but that just seems a bit slow to me, what was your track temp and altitude? Did you let everything cool down before you took your pass?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
His better 60' times combined with a softer tune up top (lack of dyno tune) can account for his quicker yet equal MPH to your slower 60' time yet dyno tuned better top end MPH.

I say good run(s) for your first time out!!! :rockon:

Get some DR's or ET's and get a 12.xx :thumbsup:

frogsdime

Established Member
How much do you think I could gain in getting dyno tuned? I was thinking probably 20-30 whp. With dyno tune how much time could i expect to gain?

ducman996

Established Member
If you are at 11.2-11.4 you proabably would only gain 10hp and maybe 0.2 sec going to 11.7 not sure what changes there would be in the timing. I wouldn't be too disapointed, for no track prep w/street tires thats pretty good for the first time out. Better than my 00'L.

Users who are viewing this thread