Made it to NC

airmanb2b

Established Member
After being on the road off and on for the past 25 days, finally made it to Goldsboro. Car is sitting in Portsmouth VA. Will be going to pick it up mid next week. Looks like a decent area. Looking forward to getting some dyno time. Lots of work planned on the car. After we get settled in, I'll be yanking my port/upper/lower setup and possibly going TVS. 4.10's will be coming out and 3.73's going in as well as yanking the borla stingers and installing mufflers.

scmustangs

Established Member
Welcome! I'm in SC just a couple hours away. We'll have to get together at Fayetteville Motorsports Park one Sunday.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So you moved or you are picking up your car in NC? Not a big fan of Goldsboro but if you're living there I hope you like it.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Should be going to VA Wednesday to pick up the car. Moved here involuntarily but should decent. Living on base. Not really in Goldsboro. Looking forward to hooking up with fastlane to get some dyno time.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Goldsboro is my hometown. Will be moving back there in about 2-3 months when i ETS outta the army. Not much really goes on in that small town. Kinston drag strip's about 20 mins east on hwy 70, but i wouldnt suggest running the 1/4 there if u trap north of 120. The decel distance at the end of the track is short. If u dont have a tvs on yet before i get back there, then you'll have to run through a few gears on mine if u havent done so before on a tvs. The absolute priority one thing for me though will be getting a tune from fastlane.

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Kinson is also not the prettiest strip either. lol But yeah the track runs out fairly quick.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Have a question for you guys. Not familiar with 10% ethanol fuel. How does it effect actual octane? Seeing a lot of 93 around here with 10% ethanol.

It'll affect AFR's. It takes slightly more fuel from an ethanol added mixture than a non-ethanol mixture to burn @ the same air fuel ratio. Depending on application it can affect up to 1.0:1 AFR. So basically, if u didnt have 10% on a tune and now thats the only gas, i'd add a couple of percent of fuel in the WOT table until u get dyno time. This is another reason why a wideband gauge is a great investment

airmanb2b

Established Member
Well, got the car today. Pretty sick to my stomach. Front splitter is trashed. Not to worried about that. I kindof expected it. Three of the mounting tabs for the splitter on the bumper are ripped through. I should be able to repair those. Assholes offered me $150. Denied it and they told me tough shit and file claim through my traffic management office. Went right next door and got an estimate. $1200. Ordered the splitter today. Should be here Friday. I'm going to yank the old one tomorrow and repair the mounting tabs on the bumper. General condition of the car is trashed. Probably a two day detail job.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Open trailor? I paid top dollar for an enclosed transport here to WA. Car came off the truck looking like it drove through snow and with 80 additional miles on the tripometer. The guys even forged the new mileage on the bill of landing. Long story short, my car got a free ride plus $3500 in "damages" in small claims few months later. I'll probably do an open trailor back home because the paint has taken a beating here in the pacific northwest over the years so i'll spend a bit on it when i get back to goldsboro to freshen her up. I WILL load her with a valet tune before its loaded up this time. Have as much fun as u want now not being able to go over 20mph and/or 2500rpms

k_aimone

Established Member
Well, got the car today. Pretty sick to my stomach. Front splitter is trashed. Not to worried about that. I kindof expected it. Three of the mounting tabs for the splitter on the bumper are ripped through. I should be able to repair those. Assholes offered me $150. Denied it and they told me tough shit and file claim through my traffic management office. Went right next door and got an estimate. $1200. Ordered the splitter today. Should be here Friday. I'm going to yank the old one tomorrow and repair the mounting tabs on the bumper. General condition of the car is trashed. Probably a two day detail job.

Go down Berkeley and after you get under 70 get in the left lane. Make a left at the old tire shop. There is a body shop called trinity that specialize in mustangs. Real great guy.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Thanks for the input, empathy and repair location advice. For now, I'm going to install the new splitter and repair the broken mount tabs. Should be an easy fix hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread