Made an Audi RS-4 owner sad

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
I was just cruising home when I saw a little Audi enter the highway. I didn't think much of it of course, and kept cruising at about 80. We stayed close for a couple of miles, when it seemed like he was trying to get away. I don't know, it was weird like he thought I was following him or something. :shrug:
Anyway, I take it as maybe he want's go fast. Well, I try to catch up to him slowly and I'm in 5th when I see black smoke puff from his tailpipes and he starts to move. I push down in 5th thinking that I'll just pass up the little 4 banger with ease but he just starts pulling away. I drop it to 4th (we were cuising at 80 when he went WOT) and chow down on the pedal and slowly start to pull up on him. We get to about 140 and I'm in 5th and my car ain't liking it. We come up to a pretty hard turn so we slow down to about 80 again and he won't let me catch up to him. I wanted to get him to run from 60, but I think he REALLY thought I was following him so he gets to about 95 on a pretty decent curve and I don't want to wreck my shit so I'm at about 70. I let him get some distance, then I push it again in 4th and catch him quick on a long straight. now I'm ready for him in 4th, so when he hit it again to lose me I was all over his ass pulling up pretty good (not as good as expected) and ready to pass when I realized that my exit is coming up REAL quick. I let off and let him go. I was really surprised that a stock looking Audi 4 cyl was pulling so hard. I thought that maybe he had a clean "sleeper". It wasn't until just now, that I googled the car and saw that it was alot more car than I thought it was. I know he thought that he would just put me to bed, but I think I wounded his pride. :fm: Well, after seeing what his car was, I didn't feel so bad for not pulling him a little harder. BTW, I really couldn't get next to him because he was weaving through traffic and I was not going to force my way through cars just to race him. I'm happy overall. My car is not much, but at least I can say my car is faster :rockon: NOT from a dig though. I'm sure he'd eat my lunch off the line. Here is what I found on the car. http://www.supercars.net/cars/3114.html I really had no idea what this car was. It's a damn V8!! I thought that the 4 was the cyl. Guess I learned something today.

JWC

Established Member
Good kill and I agree the Audis are very nice cars. My wife has the S6. That thing has a 438 HP V10 LOL.

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
Good kill and I agree the Audis are very nice cars. My wife has the S6. That thing has a 438 HP V10 LOL.

Damn! talk about the family sedan :thumbsup: I really think that for Audi, the merge with Lamborghini has been turning out to be a good thing. They are making some pretty damn potent cars. I've driven a few S4 and A series that have come on the lot that I work for, and I was pretty impressed. The AWD turbo 6s will lay you back pretty good. The TT is a neat car, but not all that appealing as a sports car IMO. I believe that we also had an S6, but I never drove that one. If I remember it had a solar panel in the sunroof that powered a fan, which kept the interior of the vehicle at a nominal temperature. Is that correct? Other than it being a high dollar powerful sedan, that was the only other feature I remebered about that vehicle.

JWC

Established Member
Yes Common the new RS6 is a TT V10 with 580 hp. Now I just need to talk the wife into trading up. The way the Audi's drive is very impressive. The overall quality, build, handling, and even the sound is impressive. Bullseye96 her S6 does not have the solor powered heat control system. The S6 is a big fast four door car with AWD that handles and drives like a much smaller car. If I didn't have a TT Porsche I would be in an Audi; either the RS4 or the new R8.

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
^ that R8 is a very clean looking car. It has a very exotic style. The RS4 I have to give respect to. It was whisper quiet (from my car) and very quick.

JWC

Established Member
Yeah the RS4's run 12.8's or so, that won't get you out running many 03-04 Cobra's. sxi add or take a mod off your car so you can get away from that devil number LOL.

s_x_i

Established Member
Yeah the RS4's run 12.8's or so, that won't get you out running many 03-04 Cobra's. sxi add or take a mod off your car so you can get away from that devil number LOL.

I'm seriously thinking about it! I have had a cam gear break and I smashed the front bumper on my trailer since the '666' tune... It's either the tune or the fact my plates say 'no hope'

:shrug:

Something has to change!

JWC

Established Member
SEE what I mean its the 666. The "no hope" is for the fool that tries to run ya, it's a keeper. Just take you finger the next time you are in your car and put a "X" on the left side of the winshield and it will cancel out all the evil. It works for me when black cats cross my path when driving. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread