Made an aluminum spliter GT500

exp500

Boost Addict
Established Member
No way would I pay $500-$1000 for a killer spliter, took it into my hands, I love the outcome, template out of sheet metal then aluminum, glad I love fabrication, mounted on factory bolt holes too. Sold it to a buddy for his 2013 with GT500 front bumper, you can't complain for $250 lol

-pete

2016-04-01%2012.28.57.jpg

2016-04-01%2012.27.50.jpg

exp500

Boost Addict
Established Member
Ebay adjustable from 8" - 10" ...it has 16 bolts holding in underneath, not sure if they were mandatory but looks cool lol

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
How thick is the aluminum? Why adjustable supports if it's bolted on solid?

Does he even road course, bro? I'm not a fan of supports like that, I'd rather just see it a bit smaller and unsupported, especially if he's not actually tracking the car.

Never_Enough

Established Member
How thick is the aluminum? Why adjustable supports if it's bolted on solid?

Does he even road course, bro? I'm not a fan of supports like that, I'd rather just see it a bit smaller and unsupported, especially if he's not actually tracking the car.

Some need the supports. I plan on a front splitter for my Z & I do not have the ZR1 support behind the bumper so I will probably just install stabilizer bars since I don't feel like pulling the bumper.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
That's pretty cool.

I run a small CNC plasma cutter at my work. Hypertherm 65a 10'x5' downdraft table. It's awesome how much stuff we can make in a matter of minutes on that thing.

1/4"-1/2" Birch plywood with two layers of fiberglass cloth on top and bottom makes a good splitter too. Mine mostly survived a glancing hit off the infield wall at Kansas Speedway. The rest of the front end of the car not so much.

Next one will be two 1/4" pieces of birch laminated together with carbon fiber on top, middle and bottom.

Never_Enough

Established Member
That's pretty cool.

I run a small CNC plasma cutter at my work. Hypertherm 65a 10'x5' downdraft table. It's awesome how much stuff we can make in a matter of minutes on that thing.

1/4"-1/2" Birch plywood with two layers of fiberglass cloth on top and bottom makes a good splitter too. Mine mostly survived a glancing hit off the infield wall at Kansas Speedway. The rest of the front end of the car not so much.

Next one will be two 1/4" pieces of birch laminated together with carbon fiber on top, middle and bottom.

Make something for the C6Z ;)

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Be careful not to bump into any pedestrians, Looks like that would chop their ankles clean off LOL. Nice work tho! Looks awesome! :beer:

exp500

Boost Addict
Established Member
Making the spliter is fairly simple, just need to do clean work, and if anyone gets that close to the car they don't deserve ankles xD

Users who are viewing this thread