Made a couple nitrous runs over the weekend.

kirbyg16

Established Member
12 Auto, Stock converter, stock gear, stock air box.
Mods are off-road x-pipe, gt500 mufflers, Nitrous Outlet dry kit with .052 jet (approx 100shot).. 275/60 15 et streets with stock front wheels.
Tuned by Tony G. @ Tuners Inc.
Car went 12.1 @116 on motor
11.54 @ 121 on nitrous. (Got to get a gear now, car shifts into 4th around 1000ft killing the time. A converter would help a lot also.)
20121229_184242.jpg

DerekDTP!

Established Member
Good times man, every time you'd make a pass I wasn't payin attention and didn't see your times

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Good run man, nice to see other nitrous cars! How were you launching? Is it setup on a window switch or just a tps wot switch? The stock converter and gears can go a long way with nitrous, Ive run a best of 10.85 with a 100 shot and 10.59 spinning bad with 150 shot with them.

Post up some pics of your setup!

2012csgt

Established Member
12 Auto, Stock converter, stock gear, stock air box.
Mods are off-road x-pipe, gt500 mufflers, Nitrous Outlet dry kit with .052 jet (approx 100shot).. 275/60 15 et streets with stock front wheels.
Tuned by Tony G. @ Tuners Inc.
Car went 12.1 @116 on motor
11.54 @ 121 on nitrous. (Got to get a gear now, car shifts into 4th around 1000ft killing the time. A converter would help a lot also.)
20121229_184242.jpg

That must be a very safe tune. I believe your car should be going faster than that. Your car on motor is running really good. On nitrous, not so much. I believe your close to a 1/2 second off and 4-5 mph off of were you should be. I would expect 11.10 - 11.20 @ 124. Check with your tuner. But props to you for giving nitrous a try. That stuff is incredible.

kirbyg16

Established Member
That must be a very safe tune. I believe your car should be going faster than that. Your car on motor is running really good. On nitrous, not so much. I believe your close to a 1/2 second off and 4-5 mph off of were you should be. I would expect 11.10 - 11.20 @ 124. Check with your tuner. But props to you for giving nitrous a try. That stuff is incredible.

You are right. The tune was setup extremely safe. I requested it that way. It was the first time out and my tuner was not going to be at the track to make adjustments and the track was 120miles one way with no trailor if I broke. Im purchasing a truck and trailor in the spring then I can get much more aggressive with everything.

2012csgt

Established Member
You are right. The tune was setup extremely safe. I requested it that way. It was the first time out and my tuner was not going to be at the track to make adjustments and the track was 120miles one way with no trailor if I broke. Im purchasing a truck and trailor in the spring then I can get much more aggressive with everything.

Well that makes sense. I dont blame you. Rather be safe than being on a tow truck. I just saw your 60ft time. Yeah your car has ALOT more in it. Leaving on the spay will be a huge difference. Congrats though on your first time out.:beer:

kirbyg16

Established Member
Well that makes sense. I dont blame you. Rather be safe than being on a tow truck. I just saw your 60ft time. Yeah your car has ALOT more in it. Leaving on the spay will be a huge difference. Congrats though on your first time out.:beer:

Yea I was not letting the spray come on until about 2800, bringing it in right off the hit will bring the 60ft down a bit and improve the time. Thanks

kirbyg16

Established Member
Good run man, nice to see other nitrous cars! How were you launching? Is it setup on a window switch or just a tps wot switch? The stock converter and gears can go a long way with nitrous, Ive run a best of 10.85 with a 100 shot and 10.59 spinning bad with 150 shot with them.

Post up some pics of your setup!

It was set-up on a button because I didn't have a window switch, I rushed the kit onto the car for a track day for our local forum. Going to be getting a few more parts and taking a truck and trailer before I get more aggressive with everything. It's only a dry kit so there is really not much to look at as far as set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread