Mad Enterprises Efan

cdomino

Established Member
MAD Enterprises e-fan and MAD controller- Installed for 2k miles. Motor burnt out and was replaced with new under warranty. Mike said that only happened one other time with his set-up and it was on his truck. Hasn't been used since motor was replaced. Bolts to stock fan shroud. Like new. $250 shipping.

Mike and I performed quite a few tests before narrowning it down to the fan motor, and that was the only problem we found. There is a small percentage of fan motors that Ford actually expects to fail. Mike is a stand-up guy and knows his $hit. I have not personally read any posts about anybody having trouble with his controllers. And like he said, it has happened to him once, and the problem was a bad fan motor.

I know it probably looks bad, selling the thing right after it malfunctioned. I bought the fan when I was in Chicago, and when my truck was a garage queen, and if I still lived there I would still be running it. But it gets quite a bit hotter here in Fort Worth, and my truck is now a dd, and it just isn't worth the risk for the little bit of performance gain that an efan offers. That and I've been out of work since I moved here and could use the money.

ez112

Established Member
So is this all bolt on kit ready to go? Don't need relays or anything?

Have any pics of the setup?

Users who are viewing this thread