Mach1 with Nitrous Kits.

284T76

Established Member
Im still working slowly on my 02 GT Turbo street killer , but after driving my brothers 03 Mach and seing how fast it went with a basically stock car , I knew I had to get me one for a Daily driver fun car.
So I got lucky and found two of them at a dealer, and just had to buy them.
Im planning on the simple stuff exhaust, pullies if they work, and maybe a nitrous kit.
Is anyone using SLP Longtubes with offroad x-pipe and cat back?
I like the tips they look awesome.

Do the long tubes make a big difference?

Pete.

Power Trip

Established Member
wow hook me up with some money bro. You show up to a dealer and walk away with two mach1's lol.. must be nice.

284T76

Established Member
Power Trip said:
wow hook me up with some money bro. You show up to a dealer and walk away with two mach1's lol.. must be nice.

Well I really wasn't all that happy I traded in my 04 F250 Turbo Diesel for one of them. Hopefully in the next few months while Im building my 02 GT Ford will come out with the new Lightning and Ill trade the Azure Blue one for It. :rockon:

284T76

Established Member
stanger133 said:
Long tubes produce a good amount of power, but I have heard u/d pullies don't make any power.

My best friend back in Miami told me he put pullies on his 98 Cobra and he didn't pick up anything at the track no increase in MPH.
He did go with full length Headers and offroad h-pipe with Magnaflows and said he picked up 1.5 Mph.

Pete.

Fosters

Established Member
the longtubes and midpipe will help out a lot. the pulleys don't do much, if anything, they may give you some oiling problems. the more popular route is going with a meziere electric water pump, a proven 11rwhp on dyno mod by many people. people are pushing around 320-330 with full exhaust, water pump, a cai of some kind (I'd recommend JLT, awesome finish, 14hp/9tq gained here) and a tune.

284T76

Established Member
(I'd recommend JLT, awesome finish, 14hp/9tq gained here) and a tune.

Cool thanks for the info , Im looking to start modding this one with simple bolt on's. I was looking into the K&N CAI, but Im going to check out the JLT as you recommended.

Pete.

ubenbit

Established Member
284T76 said:
(I'd recommend JLT, awesome finish, 14hp/9tq gained here) and a tune.

Cool thanks for the info , Im looking to start modding this one with simple bolt on's. I was looking into the K&N CAI, but Im going to check out the JLT as you recommended.

Pete.
If you are going with nitrous, I highly recommend the C&L CAI, as it has a nitrous boss cast in the intake tube already, which needs to be drilled/tapped and you're ready for n2o. Check it out:
807P1010113-med.JPG

ubenbit

Established Member
I am running a 100 shot NOS dry kit on my 04 mach, and have ran 11.76 @ 116. The car was custom tuned using SCT software, and made 384rwhp & 527rwtq.

Peter

Established Member
284T76 said:
Im still working slowly on my 02 GT Turbo street killer , but after driving my brothers 03 Mach and seing how fast it went with a basically stock car , I knew I had to get me one for a Daily driver fun car.
So I got lucky and found two of them at a dealer, and just had to buy them.
Im planning on the simple stuff exhaust, pullies if they work, and maybe a nitrous kit.
Is anyone using SLP Longtubes with offroad x-pipe and cat back?
I like the tips they look awesome.

Do the long tubes make a big difference?

Pete.

I have Mac LT's which are jet coated and fit real nice....they do work!

Pete

284T76

Established Member
ubenbit said:
I can post more pics of my install if anyone is interested.

Sure go ahead , lets see the rest of it.

Looks very clean, did you install it yourself?

Pete.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
I would also recommend the C&L setup if you're going to be installing nitrous. I'm running a Nitrous Express 100 shot (wet) on a custom Predator tune, and this baby hauls the mail!

CnL_10.JPG

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
284T76 said:
Have you made any runs on the sauce yet?

Pete.
No, I really haven't had a chance to get to the track, and it's been so stinking hot around here, probably would hurt the overall performance. I've been having a blast out on the streets late at night when all the respectable people are asleep. One of the best compliments I got was from a guy with a hopped-up SRT 4, who claimed he ran consistant 12.4's when he said "man you just made me look silly slow!" LOL!

284T76

Established Member
Thats awesome, Let me know when you do get out there to make a run . Do you have axles already or are you on stock axles?

Im curious to know how many Machs out there are still running on stock axles?

Pete.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
284T76 said:
Thats awesome, Let me know when you do get out there to make a run . Do you have axles already or are you on stock axles?

Im curious to know how many Machs out there are still running on stock axles?

Pete.
I'm still running the stock axles and stock rear gears.

ubenbit

Established Member
284T76 said:
ubenbit said:
I can post more pics of my install if anyone is interested.

Sure go ahead , lets see the rest of it.

Looks very clean, did you install it yourself?

Pete.
Hey Pete, I already posted the rest of my install pics under another thread. Do a search for (nitrous install pics needed) and you will see all of the pics. I did do the install myself, (took about 50 hours) because I wanted everything a certain way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread