Mach1 vs 350z

MachToLoud1

Established Member
There's this two high school teens that live in my neighborhood that drive 350z's. They always pass by my house revving their engines up. Specially every time they see me outside, one time almost ended up in the sewer trying to drift. Acoule days a go I ran in to one of them at a red light, he revved his engine so I said why not waste a little gas. For some reason it took him about 3-5 seconds to move at all idk if he slipped clutch or what happened, but by that time I had pulled several car lengths. Yesterday I was doing some oil change on the drive way and they pulled up on my drive way, talked for a while and long story short the oldest one who drives a 2003 z wanted to race me for $250 :dw: I don't want to take the kids money but I could use any extra cash since I'm doing an eaton swap.

So my question is should I race him from a roll or dig, 1/4 or 1/8?? For those who have raced 2003 350z pitch in info.
I want to make it as even as possible, meaning I don't want to make it seem like he never really stood a chance. I want to pull no more than a car lenght. His z only has an exhaust and The Mach is Auto it has jlt RAI and exhaust. Hopefully he will bring his friends for extra cash lol

ALL MONEY WON WILL BE PUT TO GOOD USE :beer:

MachToLoud1

Established Member
So the z don't stand a chance of winning in a roll or dig?

I've never raced a 350, and don't consider the one I did with his brother much of a race.

cobra916

Established Member
So the z don't stand a chance of winning in a roll or dig?

I've never raced a 350, and don't consider the one I did with his brother much of a race.

actually just thought about it.. if its the hr motor..i believe is the 2007 to 2008.. it will give you a run for your money.. roll id put my money on him... they have a high revving 306 hp motor.. the way to tell is look at the hood for a bugle in the hood..

cobra916

Established Member
M5 > auto when talking machs, it's a lot different. We ant talking about the new stuff here.

an auto is basically good for 3 gears... 4th is long... so starting low is better... also launching a auto is easier plus the mach will have a solid tq advantage .

O3dsg

Established Member
actually just thought about it.. if its the hr motor..i believe is the 2007 to 2008.. it will give you a run for your money.. roll id put my money on him... they have a high revving 306 hp motor.. the way to tell is look at the hood for a bugle in the hood..

I agree with the above. If it's an HR your best bet is to go from a dig but I would go from a dig regardless since you are an auto and their motors lack on low end TQ compared to the Mach.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
coming from a z to a cobra, I would say dont count your chickens too soon, down low they're way torquey, and rev high. as stated above, start low, 30 or so, as he'll probably start in second, and you can jump him.

BTW- 2003 is DE motor, 287 hp, but similar tq to HR model.

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
The only one I ever raced was an 06 or 07 with intake and exhaust. Was a friend of mine at the time. My Mach had a filter, x pipe, welded in flows and a heavy azz IRS. He beat me by a tenth or so (I wheel hopped to an amazing 2.33 60' haha).), but I had him by 3 or 4 mph. I was at 82mph and I believe he was 78 or 79mph.

Go from a dig and see how it shakes out.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
if you not stock race him from a dig the older 2003+ nissan 350z with 287hp is alot slower, now the newer 2006+ with hr motor has 306hp and new 370z is 332hp and 350hp for the nismo model those will walk you, but its an older 1 race him from a dig to 100-110mph and you should win

Rumplemenz

Established Member
can ya finish the swap first before ya put $ on it? :) I dont know, i just feel like this z guy is up to something. Wish ya the best im pullin for ya

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
you will be fine i raced a 350z convertible back when i had my 2v gt with 3.73 and tune and borlas and made him look silly. no idea what year and i guarantee it was bone stock

cobra916

Established Member
you will be fine i raced a 350z convertible back when i had my 2v gt with 3.73 and tune and borlas and made him look silly. no idea what year and i guarantee it was bone stock

im sorry my friend but you are mistaken.. 350z depending on driver and year are quick compared to our machs stock vs stock... 03-04 is 287hp 05 is 287 or 300hp.. 06 is 300 hp.. 07-08 306.. the 07-08 are the hr motors and the 306 is the newer power rating which makes it way more then the 6 that you would believe over the 300 06 high rev motors.. our mach will shit on these cars once modded but stock vs stock... it will be close.. :beer:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
im sorry my friend but you are mistaken.. 350z depending on driver and year are quick compared to our machs stock vs stock... 03-04 is 287hp 05 is 287 or 300hp.. 06 is 300 hp.. 07-08 306.. the 07-08 are the hr motors and the 306 is the newer power rating which makes it way more then the 6 that you would believe over the 300 06 high rev motors.. our mach will shit on these cars once modded but stock vs stock... it will be close.. :beer:
then how in the world did i wipe a 350z vert in a 2v with only cat back and gears?

05 350z does 1/4 mile in 14.1 stock and i would expect 350z drivers in general to now be as good as us mustang drivers! :beer:

get him to do a good roll and mach will get him

flS/R

Established Member
would not race a high-school kid for anything. Let them side-swipe into someone else when they lose control

Machz33

Established Member
I would recommend a higher roll. I use to have a 2004 350z DE and the low end is alot better than top end. Well at least mine was. Just for fun I let my brother drive my Mach 1 and I used the Z from bout a 20 roll and kept up with him first and second but third he pulled. Mach 1- stock (spinning) Z- auto w/ catback
My Z was pretty fast though, kept up with bolt on gts and a 99 cobra. Same story, 1-2 even race but once 3rd kicked in they flew past.

Users who are viewing this thread