mach1 or 01 cobra

DKbiker90

Established Member
hey guys im about to pick up my first mustang and im torn between a mach 1 and a 01 cobra. so i thought i would ask u guys for some input on this. whats overall a better car? which is faster? whats the pros and cons for both cars. any help would be apreciated. thanks

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
search is your friend but you will here that the mach has more torque down low but the cobra is made for high rpm hp.
BUT
i was looking at a mach and turned away from it because they are more expensive, if you look at the engine bay of both you will see that the cobra looks way more kick ass cuz of all the hood scoop plastic in the mach. also . you have a kickass front bumper that sets you off from the rest and not to mention the COBRA letters on the back that you can put inserts in, interior in the cobra is nicer than the mach in my opinion.
Cobra012.jpg

Marcosvt

Svt Power
Established Member
I like both and might be in the same boat in a couple of months but i really like the black mach 1 dropped with nice wheels and a nice exhaust, but kevin is right about the opening of the hood the cobra does beat the mach in that catagory. Speed whise i believe the mach might have the edge cause of the solid axle but they are both good cars its just that the mach i believe is the best bang for the buck after the 03-04 termi.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Yes this is a very beaten subject! Mine was based on the looks of the car. I wasen't a fan of the mach wheels, spoiler, side graphics, gauges, seats, or the badging. But its all in the eyes of the beholder. I have a 99 and my buddy had a Mach 1.....same mods on each and the runs always came down to the better driver......me lol The IRS is junk unless you put alot of money into it but the handling is worth it.

Last edited:

Sny714

Established Member
I think saying a rear bumper that says cobra that you can put inserts in shouldnt be a selling point.......

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
Yes this is a very beaten subject! Mine was based on the looks of the car. I wasen't a fan of the mach wheels, spoiler, side graphics, gauges, seats, or the badging. But its all in the eyes of the beholder. I have a 99 and my buddy had a Mach 1.....same mods on each and the runs always came down to the better driver......me lol The IRS is junk unless you put alot of money into it but the handling is worth it.

That car has the PERFECT stance. I cant wait until I get mine lowered this weekend.:banana:

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
I think saying a rear bumper that says cobra that you can put inserts in shouldnt be a selling point.......

That is true! I like my mustang bumper. Throws the camaro owners off. I get so many of them that think its a GT with cobra badging.:lol1:

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Both cars are great. The Cobra rides a lil better on the street due to the IRS. The Mach is a solid axle and doesn't need a bunch of upgrading if you want to run the car at the drag strip. I personally like the front bumper of the Cobra. The interior is very similar. The thing that made me jump for the Cobra is the IRS, looks, and price. I do want to adapt some of the Mach styling cues like the blacked out wind and the "C" Pillar covers but that is pretty much it.

JoePac

Established Member
With the Cobra you need gears to utilize it's powerband, from the factory they goofed with those 3.27's(I still wonder about that this very day) so I believe they are as equal as equal can get if you put 4.10's or 4.30's the cobra is badass. You just have to decide on name Cobra or Mach 1.

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
Cobra for sure IMO. I know owners of mach's that would never buy a cobra, but I personally like the cobra look, feel, taste, you get my point.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
well being a thread in the new edge cobra section...i will have to side with...COBRA!! lol just playin man, its just a personal choice, drive both, and keep in mind what is more important to you on every level. Both cars have their selling points but i really think is just an apples to oranges comparison.

Marcosvt

Svt Power
Established Member
Yea bro to make things easier and money is not a option for neither than just say to yourself if they gave me the keys to either a. your color option of cobra or b. your color option of mach, which would u take if they were free then, that is your answer.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Depends on how much you plan on modding it. The mach comes with bolt in subframes from the factory which make it feel much more stiff and make it feel like it handles better, they have 3.55s from the factory which are a little bit better than our 3.27s. So if you plan to keep it stock, go with the mach, hell even if you plan on modding it I'd still go with the mach. It also comes down to if you are more into drag racing which the mach would be a little better or open tracking where the Cobra would have the edge.

Btw I drive both a Cobra and a Mach on a weekly basis, and back before my Cobra had a blower on it, I liked the mach more than I did the Cobra...

Users who are viewing this thread