Mach1 In NJ on rt 38 Saturday Night @ 10:40pm vs my 1000 GSXR

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Anyone here live in south jersey and drive a dark colored mach1?

I was going west on route 38 toward 295 between the towns of hainesport and mt laurel when I kept seeing this mach 1.

I gave the guy a thumbs up a few light back to let him know I liked his car.

Then we came to a light, three lanes wide, i was in the outside (fast lane) and he was on the inside lane with a car between us.

I hear him revvin the motor and shit over there, I'm thinkin is this guy serious?

The light goes greens, he takes off, i casuly roll out in 1st, next to him in the turn, I look over not really on it yet and see him really into it. The curve in the road striaghtens and I click second, wind it out till about 120ish clicked 3rd and got out of it.

I looked back and he was way back there, way way back there?

Was this guy trying to race or just screwin with me?

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
well it wasn't really a race.......

I always hate doin that on a main road, cause I have to get out of it, and glance in the mirror with my head down to see how far back the headlights are.

Then that fear is there like oh sh*t I hope one of those cars back there isn't a cop..... then you slow down to 50 and let everyone pass for a while to feel better :)

the bike is just totally sick, I've only done gay little appearance mods like a bluechrome windscreen, white frame savers, tank gel sticker, hand grips, c\f chain gaurd etc.....

I've been thinkin about gettin a k&n, header& slip-on, then gettin a blip chip & power commander....

but these things are sick the way they are. I don't see the need to top 165+ rwhp to the back tire on the bike. I've seen some sick numbers from modded bikes around here. You know the 1000's fully modded with spray and the turbo busa's .....

On nice roads I know are striaght, new pavement, no bumps etc.... you can crack it, wind out a few gears and be at 140-150ish in a matter of seconds....

I'm a b*tch and alway get out of it around 150 tops. I don't have the balls to open it all the way up, and the bike laughs at me cause it wants more. Anyone who can stay in the top speeds will beat me, cause I only crack it, hold the speed for a few seconds, then get out of it. To scary to stay into it on main roads. I'd rather go to a track someday which I've never done (road course)

But off topic, I was just curious is that guy by me with the mach 1 comes on this site.

And I was also curious if he was really fu*kin with me and was serioulsy racing?

I've spanked 600's and 750's with my cobra..... never ran into a 1000 yet in the car. I'd be a good race.

And if your on here guy with the mach 1, all i was doin was sayin nice car

Last edited:

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Any new liter bikes are a pain in the a$$ to beat. They are all 10sec flat bikes. The ZX-10R 9.9xx @ 145 I heard.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I love screwin around with bikes. I live near a major route to the beach in Maryland (rt 50). Gangs of crotch rockets that I pass on their way to the beach are to much to resist messing with.

Last week I was behind 4 of them when I saw an opening in the left lane. I shot out infront of and next to all four bikes just to get a response. With in 20 seconds all four bikes go screamin by me at well over 100mph. The last guys pulls infront of me, stands up on his bike and pulls a wheely at 70 mph and rides it down the road. I wish I had my cam corder those guys were nuts.

I think I'll go out later today and see if I can't catch a few of them going home from the beach.

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Yeah some guys are sick.......

If you crack the throttle wide open, in a low gear the bike will hang the front tire off the ground just due to acceleration alone.

I don't ride wheelies...... but I'll crack it open off a light a bang out a couple gears pullin a few inches of tire.

A buddy of mine recently got hurt doing that sh*t, was riding a 12 o'clock down his street with no helmet on, didn't realize the street was tuening. He went up onto someones yard, set it down but was to late and hit a parked car in the driveway. Went through the glass head first with no helmet.

blackfox

Established Member
needforspeed, i cruise 38 all the time. we should meet up because i am interested in getting a bike, get back to me man
my names dennis by the way

Users who are viewing this thread