mach trans/clutch questions

stendori

Established Member
hey guys, new to this forum and trying to find out some good opinions. i have a 04' stock mach 1 w/ bolar exhaust and i just bought a pro 5 shifter,also i just added a upr quad, firewall adjuster and cable(which i haven't even tried out yet). my 4th gear synco is gone(i think) and reverse is hard to go into(almost like being locked out). my tranny guy is telling me about the bad synco and said we can just rplace that and any other bad parts if any. but i only want to have the tranny pulled 1 time and do it right so looking for advice on what to install for clutch set up,including pilot and throwout, and upgrades to the transmission in case i descide to add some HP goodies later on. thanks:shrug:

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
only use a OEM TOB. i would just reuse the pilot bearing, never heard of one goin out. my stock 3650, i put down mid 400 with no problem and that was on the stock clutch with 70,000 miles. never had a problem with it slipping. on the clutch maybe like a spec 2 clutch. dont want to go over kill on the clutch. better to have the clutch slip then break the trans. do NOT use the after market clutch cable. they are junk.

stendori

Established Member
no choice on using the aftermarket cable as my stock cable set up w/ the adjuster grinds as it goes back in forth thru the adjuster as there is no insert like there is on the aftermarket cable. i would have liked to stayed w/ the stock but upr never emailed me back when i contacted them asking where or if the adjuster came w/ an insert. thanks for the advice.

sdg97232

Established Member
imo on a mild bolt-on mach a very good setup is this.........new oem cable, new oem throwout and pilot bearings, factory 03-04 cobra clucth, and a good high quality oil. i have way more mods on my mach then you do and this set-up has been stone cold reliable for me!!!

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
no choice on using the aftermarket cable as my stock cable set up w/ the adjuster grinds as it goes back in forth thru the adjuster as there is no insert like there is on the aftermarket cable. i would have liked to stayed w/ the stock but upr never emailed me back when i contacted them asking where or if the adjuster came w/ an insert. thanks for the advice.

If im not wrong i think i cut the rubber off the cable where it went into the firewall adjuster. everyone uses the stock cable with aftermarket firewall adjusters and quad. i have the same firewall and quad that you do.

stendori

Established Member
so you guys would build the tranny stronger of maybe at least put better syncos in ? i don't want to have to pull this trans out again and would rather build in once and right then have "any" issues w/ it at all. i'll take pics of the cable end so you'll know what i mean about the insert. thanks for the replies.:thumbsup:

stendori

Established Member
well i put it back together w/ the pro 5 shifter and the adjuster setup i mention and it is going to take some time to get used to how it shifts(not very smooth and wratchy) and it makes the issues w/ the tranny more pronounced. got to figure out the adjusting of the fire walladjuster for best results.:shrug:

02v6staang

Established Member
I put a Spec 2, steeda quad, and a fire wall adjuster in my 03 not too long ago. No complaints so far

Users who are viewing this thread