Mach 600 rant

11redGT/CS

Established Member
So after 90k miles it was time to replace my clutch and since I have a blower Paxton to be exact, I decide to go with a Mach 600 and man do i hate the grab it has it's like I'm learning to drive stick all over again, to get out on first is just garbage and after 800 or so miles it hasn't gotten any better nor have I learned it's manners it's almost unpleasant to drive my car this blows sure wish I would've went with an rst at a very minimum oh well live and learn!!

Paul.

Established Member
I just put a McLeod Extreme in my car, and it's definitely more grabby than the factory clutch. Of course, that's to be expected with a different type of clutch disc. It's a bit more tricky to roll out smoothly in first, but I'm adapting. I think with a little more practice, you'll be fine. I've noticed improvement already, and just had the clutch put in on Sunday. (4 days ago) You'll have to adapt your driving style a bit to a more race-oriented single disc clutch.

Paul.

LTD5.0

Established Member
Give it some more time and miles. I thought I had made a mistake when I had a Mach 500 installed. Same issues you are having. Now it is smooth as silk. I would say it took at least 2,000 miles to fully break in.

evanjp

Established Member
I just put a McLeod Extreme in my car, and it's definitely more grabby than the factory clutch. Of course, that's to be expected with a different type of clutch disc. It's a bit more tricky to roll out smoothly in first, but I'm adapting. I think with a little more practice, you'll be fine. I've noticed improvement already, and just had the clutch put in on Sunday. (4 days ago) You'll have to adapt your driving style a bit to a more race-oriented single disc clutch.

Paul.

Mcleod street extreme clutch? How are you liking it otherwise? Is it smoother to change gears and stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread