Mach 460

Pure Vennom

Established Member
I put a Pioneer DVD player in the snake yesterday. The unit interfaced with the speakers and factory amps with no problem. It sounds great. An improvement in sound over the stock unit.

Problem. I lost my dash.guage cluster lights obviously on the install. Can any audio experts on here give me some direction.

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Did you have a wiring harness to hook up the head unit? I'm wanting to replace the head unit, but I don't really want to replace the whole system. Where did you get the harness from?

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I'm curious too about more details with your hook up.

I didn't think the dash lights were connected to the stereo circuit. This is obvious, but did you check the fuses? Maybe a circuit grounded out while you were doing the install.

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Side note: Any pictures of it in dash??? :rockon:

Your dash gauge lights are fuse #37 if I remember correctly. Should be a #10 fuse.

Gobo

Established Member
Yes, more detail plz. I'm just trying to replace the stock unit but right now i've got the problems with the wireness.

Pure Vennom

Established Member
I have it all installed and now the cuage Cluster lights all are working as well. There is a lead from the radio unit to the dash and it simply tells the radios lightd to dim when you dem the dash lights at the light switch.

It was a straight up hock up but they did use a standardford wire harness for the Mustang.

It all now works great and it really helps the speakers and amps to sound great. With the better head unit I improved about 50% I would say.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread