MACH 460 Tweeter Information

cpsmith516

Established Member
So I found the MACH460 stereo information link, however it is missing a piece of information vital to my setup...

Can anyone tell me the max depth of a tweeter that the door pod will hold? I'm looking to drop some super tweets into the pods and want to make sure I can afford the depth.

tobynt

Established Member
takes about 2 minutes to pop off the screen of the tweeter and remove the speaker. Honestly, about the amount of time it took to write the post is how long it would take to pop it out and measure the depth behind the stock tweeter.

Good information to know though...let us know what you come up with.

cpsmith516

Established Member
I would do that if I had the car in front of me, unfortunately I don't. It's sitting at my shop hence the reason for posting this. I was trying to save the time of driving down to remove the cover and tweet to find out.

I will check myself though first opportunity I get. I just figured someone at some point in time had to have considered this and taken the measurement.

Honestly, it's really frustrating when people like you post obvious answers/comments with attitude. In the time it took you to type your reply, you could've measured yours and told me and the rest of us (since it's such good information and all)...

tobynt

Established Member
I get just as frustrated when someone post a question that looks like a lazy attempt to get someone else to do the work they are too lazy to do. I actually do have a tweeter from my car setting next to me. They are actually pretty big and you wouldn't have any problems fitting a dome tweeter in the space it has.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I get just as frustrated when someone post a question that looks like a lazy attempt to get someone else to do the work they are too lazy to do. I actually do have a tweeter from my car setting next to me. They are actually pretty big and you wouldn't have any problems fitting a dome tweeter in the space it has.

I dont know exact measurements, but they are very deep and you should have enough room for whatever you want to use

cpsmith516

Established Member
I know a simple 1" dome will fit... The space is 2.5" in dia. I'm looking for the depth so I can determine if a horn loaded compression tweet will fit. The diameter won't be the issue but depth may be. These things usually end up in custom panels or kick pods, neither of which I want to entertain as I'd like to keep the interior appearance as close to stock as possible.

Thanks for the help guys - shame you couldn't measure the depth on the one sitting right next to you, guess I'll drive on down and take mine out tonight to measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread